Saturday, November 20, 2010

Custom kitchen banquette

I have been waiting to show you the banquette I built for a wonderful family that I have been working with a lot over the last year , do you remember the mudroom entry I did earlier this year and the velvet headboard I made for their youngest daughter.
I built the banquette for the kitchen eating area as their family recently grew there was a need for more seating this wall was the perfect spot for a bench .
You can relax and enjoy a banquette like this , they are really finding it a useful addition to the kitchen , they recently got their custom cushion back from the upholsterer , 3" foam makes for a nice soft seat , this cover was made of a fun green cotton called Loopy Lou from Tonic Living and can easily be removed and washed , I am going to make her a couple of 16" throw pillow covers from the left over fabric as soon as the house tour is behind me.




I am so thrilled with how it turned out and I am super pleased they they love it too .

7 comments:

SHERRI ROCHA said...

beautiful i sure could use on of those in my living room ill have to mention it to to honey do you sure do impress me every single time with your work xoxo sherri

Anna @ Take the Side Street said...

Beautiful work! I love the cushion and pillows too, I wish I could sew to save my life ;) I'm putting a bench in my kitchen here soon (hopefully!) too... hope it turns out half as nice as this one!

Katie said...

Beautiful! I have always wanted a house that I could have one of those. If I ever get one I will have to bring you down to do it.

Restoration House said...

Awesome job! I really love it! What is the paint colour? I was also wondering who you went to for the seat cushion. We live in the same area and I'm assuming the person is close. You really did a wonderful job.
Kim

Stephanie said...

This is great! Good job! I love the pillows, the fabrics and textures are gorg.

The Moerks said...

It is so lovely. I bet the family are delighted.

Rambling Renovators said...

Beautiful banquette Chris! I'm sure the family loves it.

LinkWithin

you might also like