Friday, May 29, 2009

Making a memo board

Before I have decided lightening up is still in order , I love change , keeping things the same for me is boring . This memo board is located at the family computer desk , well the only computer desk , we use this all the time , it is crucial . But I have all this light and airy blue fabric just waiting to be used , I have been toying with some ideas , pillows , yeah really just pillows or this memo board so I went for the board, I will do the pillows later.
After


I like it very much , the ribbons are much tighter , better for holding things in place , and of course more tacs , which I had in my tool/junk drawer .
In the case you do not know how to make a memo board , they are so easy , I have been making them for at least 10 years .
What you need :
~a piece of thing plywood or masonite {cut to the desired board size}
~batting
~fabric
~staple gun and short staples
~ribbon
~pins
~iron
optional
~tacs












After ironing the fabric I staped it to the board , then placed the ribbons and secured them with pins , then stapled the ribbons to the back of the board by holding tightly while I secured them .





Pining , take time to balance the placement of the ribbons.





Staple and tightly and neatly tuck the corners.









That is about it .
One hint if you have never done a project like this , start stapling the fabric with one staple in the center of each side of the project and working your way out from those starter staples .






10 comments:

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

The new lighter fabric is perfect. Thanks for sharing.


Charla

Saucy said...

I lurrve the new look and the new memo board. Those boards are just the cat's pyjamas! I have two of them in Loopy's bedroom, perfect catch-alls for party invites, postcards and even her hair accessories!

You are just like Martha these days, with your signature colour scheme... keep it up, it is darling.

Tamara Jansen said...

love your blog!

Katrina Chambers said...

Thanks for the tips. Looks great!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

Great Tips! I love your desk area. -Jackie

Kelly said...

What a beautiful blog you have. I am looking forward to following and learning lots and lots of neat things! You're gonna keep me busy!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Chris! I love the idea of this under my desk cabinet in the kitchen. Although I think I will make mine a fabric covered bulletin board or magnetic board. I always want some color and artwork under there so this idea is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

~Misti

Crystal said...

adorable! I love that fabric. I LOVE YOUR DESK in your kitchen! Oh my! IS it built in or just look that way?!

kelleighr said...

Love the way that turned out! I've made something similar using an empty fabric bolt (which fabric stores will give away for free). Of course, it isn't as long, but if you group a couple of them together they make the cutest wall treatment! And, cheap, too!

Online Printing said...

Wow! I love what you did there! It looks simple and neat. Thanks for sharing this! :)

LinkWithin

you might also like