Friday, November 23, 2007

Chalk board comes to life.

What on earth is this , you are wondering....?
Well it is an old headboard I made many years ago , out of an antique door that I added mouldings to. I have always wanted a chalkboard for my kitchen, in this kitchen there is no wall space so I have been thinking about trying this door, I attached it to the door frame and added a small wheel to the back side so that it can swing and hide my sweepers.It also hides the side of the fridge.

However it needed a makeover , I removed the former moulding, and added these beaded mouldings around the outside edge, and created a small panel and division so that the chalkboard section would not be the full length.
Its kind of larger than life I know , but I hope I like the end result. I am going to paint it all white and possibly do a rub, so that it stand out from the kitchen cabinets.
I had half the day off today , it wouldn't be like me to just sit around would it?

I will post more photos as I get them done. I am still working on the kids bath , but that will be this weekend perhaps that I can tackle it.

No comments: