Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy news to share...the coffered ceiling is finished and I mean finished

 What a relief to say that the big ceiling project is complete. It took 9 long days which is more than a reasonable investment of time for such a great result. I am not excited to tackle another ceiling project any time soon but there will be one more biggie in the new year, the dining room. At least the dining room is a seldom used room , for now anyway. It won't put anyone out all to work on the dining room but that is for another day.
 Let's just let me take this all in , it's so pretty I can barely stand it . I painted it Behr's vermont cream  in satin which was as close a match as I could get to our existing paint color. Sorry it is so hard to take a good picture of the room with that plastic door in the way of a good shot , I will get a better picture soon.
 I am taking a day off from renovations tomorrow to recoup a little and to clean and get some errands done. I think I deserve a little break.

We have been talking about finally getting a new sofa after having the same sofa for at least 11 years and this one is the one I am thinking about. You never know how something really is that you see online until you see it in real life, right? so I must go check it out in person.
I love the idea of a sofa with a chaise, the sofa we have now is primarily a two seater so a three seater plus chaise for the family room would be perfect. I think a new arrangement is in order. Everything we have had in the family room is a mishmash and I am ready for a change, it would be nice.
We will see...I need to do a little more investigating before any purchases are made.

For now my mind must get back to the flooring that will begin on Thursday , I won't be showing any progress pics because I just want to install it and then reveal the completed room , well the completed empty room I guess. It's always a work in progress.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.


No comments: