Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chorizo mexican soup

I have a little hidden talent , I can make an awesome tasty healthy soup. I normally just make up the recipes as I go. 
There is only one type of sausage I like , Chorizo . I also love Mexican food and flavours.
I can make a big batch of soup and it will keep 3 out of 4 of us fed for at least a couple of days.
Here is my latest creation if you would like to give it a try. 


 Doesn't that look yummy , it is, and it is full of veggies.
 I always start all of my soups this way, it brings out rich flavours and is a great start.




 Remove the stalks of the swiss chard
 Jarred roasted red peppers
 I love all of these products , no one asked me to use them , they are just what I used.
 I could always use a bigger pot.
 Also great stuff I like.
And here is the recipe for you . Let me know if you give it a try.


MMMM this is after 4 hours of simmering , the flavours are rich and scrumptous, I serve this with a tbsp of low fat sour cream , low fat cheese and a few crushed Fritos corn chips.

Good news too the entire pot is approx.1700 calories , so it is a nice low calorie soup, especially if you don't add the sour cream, cheese and fritos.

No comments: