Tuesday, July 24, 2012

living room lighting

 I have been searching for a few new pieces for our new built ins. They are a whole lot less empty now.
,
 Can't wait to get this carpet out and get the wood installed, but I'm waiting until we have grass to work on . Still no grass for us.

 I was shopping for shelf decor when I came across this lovely light fixture, I thought it might be just what we need for the living room. Simple and interesting, love. I found the light at Homesense , it was $99.00 and it also come in a lovely chrome, if the family room didn't need a fan I would have bought a chrome one also.
 There is still so much work to be done in this room , floors , drapes??maybe, wall treatment , I'm thinking horizontal planks behind the sofa. Those two chairs are going to have to go . But these things in time.
 I have definitely decided I am going to built bookcases here, the chair will go and that little wall will be beautiful bookcases.

This is the sofa I am considering for this living room. It is a new Ikea sofa called Harnosand , I think it is just great, I should probably go see it in person of course. I have lots of Ikea upholstered pieces and love them , but it is time for some new. The chaise would work better on the right and it is moveable so its perfect. Maybe Ikea would like to let me give them a go????? of course it is slipcovered, a must in our house,

Normally I wouldn't choose matching chairs but these just look so very comfy. 
Bookcases like this please. Slowly but surely things move forward. 

11 comments:

Tricia said...

Chris- Everything looks just lovely : o ) We are moving on to our library reno after just completing our kitchen redo here http://brightoncottage.blogspot.com/2012/07/finished-cottage-kitchen-redo.html

Take a peek!
Can't wait to check back on your progress : o )

Jileen said...

Hi Chris, I am really digging your proposed lay out, i think the built in bookcase and planked walls will look fantastic once done.

mamma-mich said...

Love the new light fixture! mind me asking where you found it?? thanks for including us on this huge adventure of yours!

Just Beachy said...

I found the light at Homesense .

How2home said...

YES to built in bookcase! We have a really great post about built in(s) check it out (www.eieihome.com/blog/5-built-in-furniture-solutions.html) maybe you can get some inspirations from here :) hope it helps!

Keep On S'myelin! said...

I love the light fixtures you keep finding at HomeSense! Which HomeSense do you find has the best lighting and have found these fixtures at? I saw the one in your dining room at HomeSense in Ajax recently. I was this close to buying it but I better wait until we move to see if we really need a new fixture or not. Love how far you've come with the house already!

Just Beachy said...

Whitby Homesense, love that store , wish we had one here in Oshawa

Leslie said...

Everything is really coming along. It's all so beautiful. Where did you get the large clock on the wall?

Just Beachy said...

Clock-Homesense/Homegoods

Morgan said...

Hi,
Did you ever buy the Harnosand sofa and chairs? I am really interested in them but haven't seen many reviews of how they hold up. If you did buy them, I would love your opinions!

Just Beachy said...

Morgan ,
I did not get that sofa , so no clue about its quality