Friday, June 24, 2011

Bunkie decor ,braces and birthday's

I am eager to get the roof on and to get the bunkie closed up , but our jobs are getting in the way again ... we all know how that is ! regardless of our progress I decided to check Home sense for a lantern and bunkie worthy decor , I found some great clearance items that I just fell for . Mason and I found dozens of great lanterns ,lot's were colorful and then there was this perfect white washed rattan lantern, it spoke to me , it will hang from the ceiling , soon hopefully.
I also have decided that we will need a rug , either the dash and albert rug I have in the laundry room or this rug in the photo above, I want the bunkie all white, the only color will be from the accessories, like from quilts and rug and bedding , of course I will get bamboo blinds.
We are going to try and get lots done on the bunkie this weekend, in between the girls Birthday's , Sophie is turning 10 on Sunday and Mason is turning 13 on Monday .
Mason got her braces a couple of days ago , which was really big news here , she chose three colors of elastics pink, yellow and blue , they look so cute, poor girl is hurting and don't I remember those days well , I just adore the dentist doing Mason's braces I will be forever indebted to her .
I dug out this cute simple plywood art from a pile of clearance items, perfectly suited to our bunkie decor , it was only $10.00 I also got an alphabet one, love them they are perfect. And since the bunkie will not have electricity the lanterns are a must , most battery operated lanterns are UGLY but these were really cute , $29.00 which is also a good price, because you don't want to give your children open flames really ever.

4 comments:

Life in a 320 square foot home said...

I cannot wait to see it! You are going to want to move in.....

Sorry about your troubles with the neighbors.....I had a similar, extreme experience. But when it is all said and done, it will work out fine!

Coming to you from inside a tiny 320 square foot home :)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

What a fun space. Josh got his braces in January and it hurt bad the first visit, but he hasn't complained about the pain since. Such a hard adjustment. Lot's of frosty's!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

How fun to pick out accessories. Really good idea on the battery operated lanterns, you wouldn't want a fire mishap for sure.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

BTW, Chris, if any of your readers/bloggers are looking for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, there is now a stockist in Canada and she has all 24 colours and waxes arriving Monday. The links are on my latest blog post. I'm dying to try this product. Hoping the sun breaks through in your area of the GTA this weekend too.