Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Porch and entry makeover reveal

 I am so happy to share the reveal of the front porch and entry make over. It took longer than expected but it turned out so well who cares... MWG Landscape did a great job. I am pretty sure I am not the easiest client to work with I think I may be more picky than most. Issues would come up and I was glad I was here to talk with Marc to come up with the best solutions from his suggestions.


 This was our first outdoor project that we have hired out for. I think it went very well and I was so happy that I was able to sit back and watch it all unfold instead of me doing all the work like usual.
 I wanted the look of a wooden clad front porch without the maintenance of wood so we went with a composite material from Veranda in Arabica color. The white skirting is also a composite or PVC standard product found in the lumber section. The stone steps are Owen Sound stone I believe...
 Beautiful mitered corners.The pavers we went with were Unilock Copthorne in 3 color blend.
 What a lovely view from inside the front door. I am so glad I didn't go with the brick inside the house for the foyer.
 There was a last minute decision to no reattach the railings, our porch isn't very high so were are keeping it open.

Don't forget how far we've come with this transformation.
Just FYI this was not a sponsored project in any way.

No comments: