Monday, September 9, 2013

Laundry room project

 I forgot to do a little post about this laundry room I completed recently for a lovely lady.
 We re-located the washer and dryer to this wall under the window , it was the perfect spot for the set. I was able to create a counter from a sheet of maple plywood that I stained Kona . I should really do another photo shoot soon it would be fun to stage it.
I added the upper cabinet I purchased from Ikea , I added crown moulding to finish it off.
The amazing light fixture I found at Homesense about 3 months ago on clearance for $36.00, why not have a great decorative light in the laundry room?

 On the opposite wall I created a mudroom by building a custom bench with storage that was only 12" deep to keep the space workable. We were going to try and save money by installing a pre-made piece but it would have made the space to tight. Spending more allowed me to create a completely custom built in bench to suit the space , it was money well spent. I also used maple to create the top for the bench.
Above the bench I installed two beautiful maple corbels from Home Depot that I painted white and I created an extra thick shelf by sandwiching two shelf boards together and edging it. A long run of hooks finishes this space off and creates kid friendly coat and backpack storage which is so helpful for a busy mom.
This project got bumped to the front of the line ahead of the master bedroom , only because I saw how important this space was to this growing family as it is often the main entrance off of the garage. This laundry room access needed to become a functional mudroom/laundry room.
I think this room turned out great , I hope that is has become more useful and that I have created lots of extra storage space to keep things nice and tidy.

Hope you liked it too!

No comments: