Saturday, May 5, 2007

Weekend remodel






After waking at an ungodly hour of 7:30 and getting ready for swim class for Sophie followed by believe it or not Mason's first "REAL" hair cut , I have always done it myself,then on to project fixer upper #55 maybe? funny can a 4 year old house be a fixer upper , YES when it is not to your liking, any way , installing pine tongue and groove flooring. Who knew Home Depot sold unfinished pine flooring, well its cheap and easy to install, thanks to my wonderful crew husband cutter and wood carrier Sophie and nailer Mason all went smoothly.I purchased my first brad nailer ,wow what a dream , why didn't I just get one long ago. It was interesting to pull up the oh so ugly carpet which was called oatmeal , but in reality is some kind a pinky biege, to find only one cigarette butt and hot glue and 7 screws none of which actual penetrated the wood, to secure the newel post , interesting...so we bought a new newel post and will put that up tomorrow, and finish the rest of the install and distress and stain the floor.

Here are a few pics of how it its going.

No comments: