Thursday, February 14, 2013

Napoleon or Mille-feulle , whatever you call it , yummm

 I feel so pleased with myself after making this dessert. My husbands favourite dessert is a Napoleon , but for some strange reason they are really hard to find around here.
When we do find the occasional one the problem is there are not nut or peanut free, which is what we require.
It never really occurred to me to make the dessert, that is until the other day. With my husband birthday coming I decided to see what was involved. It seemed easy enough. Especially since most of the dessert is puff pastry , well they have that pre-made in the freezer section . So moving on I gave it a try and it turned out , so well ....and it wasn't hard at all.
You can find the recipe here

 I followed the recipe , but I did have 4 layers of flaky pastry. I even made the pastry creme, and it was simple enough to make...I was in shock. I have never made anything like this before. The recipe for the pastry creme is so stable which creates such a nice end result.
My husband just loved it .
 Making the pastry cream ....
Are you a fan of the Napoleon? give it a try , I'm sure you will love it too. It's not too sweet and it looks so pretty.
once again the recipe you will find linked here Napoleon 

No comments: