Thursday, January 10, 2013

Without further ado... Revere Pewter at 50%



these photos were not edited or altered to show the truest color possible, the photos were taken around 10 am
This room is now 40% complete so it is still a work in progress , but the painting is finished, I used BM revere pewter at 50% strength
I wanted to keep an over all light look , I was looking for an non color color, and that is just what I got, it is a soft warmer grey a great neutral.

We still need to tackle removing the carpet and installing wood flooring and finding a large area rug. That will be fun .


So what do you think? Sometimes when I am at the Home Depot paint counter I am in complete shock at the colors people choose to paint their walls, intense and I mean intense colors seem to be a big seller, which is why I get questioned by the paint associates when they see my paler shades.
I always say the wall color should not be the first thing you see , it should be the background. Although I am loving my deep blue slate dining room I would not be able to live with that kind of intensity every where, I crave light and airy most of all.

One more time this paint color is Benjamin moore's Revere Pewter in flat , mixed in CIL dulux paint at Home Depot.

15 comments:

Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

I know it's all a matter of lighting in a room, but it's really interesting to me that your 50% Revere Pewter looks essentially the same as the 100% Revere Pewter in my house. At any strength I'm a huge fan of the color, which I find to be a very warm gray neutral.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Chris, I think it's gorgeous! I spent weeks this past summer painting my little rental Benjamin Moore Mannequin Cream and Golden Straw. I just could not live with the dark, khaki colour that every wall was painted. Like you, I need a light, airy, shall we say beachy, space.

After following you via a bookmark for years, it's fun to follow you with GFS and have you show up in my reader.

Sue xo

Alisa D. said...

Perfect!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks really nice. I have some deep colors - well dark brown in Noah's room and the walkout. J's room is a kinda dark gray, but I too like the lighter colors. I think I would get tired of a really bold color in the main living space.

Squeak said...

What a gorgeous colour! I think you chose very well.

By the way: I think you mean "ado" rather than "adieu". "Ado" means "fuss" or "concern". "Adieu" means "farewell" or "goodbye".

Jake said...

I think it's perfect!
What did you mix it with to make it 50%? White or a lighter grey?

Doesn't it amaze you that rooms can be painted black and actually be beautiful? It does me.
I could do dark horizonal stripes, one wall darkly but a whole room...I just don't know. I love drama color, but i'm scared to death of it. ha.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I would have to totally agree about the paint colour thing. Sometimes I cringe when I see people choosing neon swatches! I'd pick light and airy every time.

I think the 50% revere pewter looks perfect! I've seen it a few times on Pinterest and it's nice to see the lightened version.

Your house is coming along soooo nice!

patricia said...

I live overseas and while I can get BM paint mixed, I don't understand what 50% involves?? One can is the 100% of this color and you mix with a can of what color?
Thanks - I am continually amazed and impressed with how much you do and how well you do it.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

You got a great neutral non-colour for your family room. I totally know what you mean about sticking with a colour you like, but just having it mixed at 50% strength if it is just a bit too dark. I painted our dining room, family room in BM Tea Light half strength. and it was the perfect depth of colour.

Lady Jane said...

It came out beautiful. I dont care for in your face wall color. This enhances the room and your belongings. I will check back to see the flooring because I think that will be it will be just perfect.

Nancy Esmade said...

its a little bit dark but it still look okay..its pretty awesome and gorgeous..

kitchen mixer

Michelle Hemmer said...

What color of cream is your bottom color?? I love your house. It looks beautiful!!

Just Beachy said...

Birch White

Melanie Noye said...

Hiii!! Can I ask what color you painted the ceiling? I'm going to be painting my living room Revere Pewter and was looking for a ceiling color...thanks a bunch! You have a very beautiful home...

Just Beachy said...

The ceiling is ceiling white by the builder , sorry no idea what it is exactly its just white.
Chris