Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The laundry gets a little love.

 I would love to work on removing the basic laundry tub and adding a butcher block counter across the sink area and right over the washer and dryer but its not the right time. I wanted to add more hanging to the wall , so I figured adding panelling with a big chair moulding trim would create a great spot for loads of hooks. For hanging more air dry items and hanging up utility items. I used the excess baseboard trim from our house , why not , for the panel frames I used door stop so it only cost $35.00, I love a bargain.

I think I know exactly how to paint this room now....I can't wait to see it all done. I need to sew and hang a curtain ( I think doors on this closet will just get in the way) over the closet and for sure a new rug. Then phase three will be counter and sink.
Another project on the table is finally the entrance. Bye bye subfloor.

But one little thing was bothering me , the placement of the register. It was in the way of a generous and useful sized rug. I asked if it could be moved , and this morning it was , thankfully it was perfectly positioned within the joists so it wasn't a difficult move. I love my Tribute builder. 
The plan is to get this entry completed this weekend . So looking forward to having 0% sub floor...

6 comments:

Anna said...

What is the plan for the entry. Did you pick a tile/ layout?

Don't leave us hanging :)

How2home said...

Are you thinking about putting big tiles for the entry way? I really like that rug in the laundry room :) We just made a mini mud room in our bedroom (how2home.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/how-to-mini-mud-room/) let us know what you think!

Our Old Colonial said...

I love the light you have in the first picture! where did you get it from?

Just Beachy said...

I made the light from a greenhouse I found at Homesense/ HomeGoods
No tiles for the entry...stay tuned

Diana July said...

Hi,

Wondering if you do consultations?

Thank-you

Jake said...

I know before you mentioned brick floors. Oh My Goodness! How I love brick floors. Now doing them is another whole box of nails.
They would be my first choice but wood would be my second and tile my third. I have tile. Hubby was worried wood in the entry would leave us in re-do mode at all times. Guess what? We never use the entry. Tile is holding up great. ;)
I vote for brick, but i'm thinking i'll see wood on your entry floor.

I love it all! The marble is beautiful and love sitting back getting to see it come to be.

As tired as you must be it is exciting huh???

LinkWithin

you might also like