Monday, January 30, 2012

Powder room

 I have nearly gathered all the fixings for our new main floor powder room. I have decided to try this lovely shade called Punch by Martha Stewart paints , my husband isn't too sure about it but I am willing to give it a try , he doesn't see my vision. This is a windowless room and I thought this would be a fun spot to try a "punch" of color....lol. It's just paint , if its not nice guess who will re-paint it, me!
I came across this very rustic over sized peg board at Winners yesterday . I went in to look for toilet paper holders and or towel hooks and I won for sure this day. I love the toilet paper holder in brushed nickle finish for only $5.00 on clearance. I will eventually get a brushed nickle faucet .

 We have already decided on the galvanized lantern fixture for the lighting for the powder room $30.00 at Lowe's , I love this light. We really like this vanity by Martha Stewart , available at Home Depot, it looks green in the picture but it is actually more of a soft grey . Its great , nice storage for a powder room, it comes with the simple white sink. I will paint the trim to match the vanity , it looks great with the punch paint chip.We are going for rustic and polished ...still haven't decided on the floor I am actually considering carrying the wood floor into this room .
Speaking of flooring , I went out to a country mill on Friday to source out the pine flooring we are installing in the new house. I spent the weekend trying out stain options. It took a few tries but I settled on this stain , it is an oil stain in a color called Kona , it is just what we like , deep rich and chocolaty. I am a complete convert to oil stain , it goes on so well and doesn't leave lap marks and it really soaks in too. This is after two coats , so excited. We will have to wait two weeks for the wood to acclimatize so we will be living in limbo for a lot longer than I had originally hoped. Fun!!!
Here's proof positive it was the country. I parked and immediately this little kitty jumped right onto the hood of my car , it gave me a good laugh, I guess he was checking me out.

4 comments:

michelle said...

He looks like he's sizing you up!

Bonnie said...

We have those lights on the outside of our house. I use galvanized containers from Ikea for my planters and did brushed stainless hardware.
Love the vanity. Will have to check that out for our bathroom we will be adding to our remodeled basement.
Your taste is amazing and I am really enjoying your updates on the new house.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I love the rustic with the satin nickel, gorgeous! I also think that paint color is going to work well with the accents you've picked. And yeah, it's easy to change if you don't dig it!

Decor Addict said...

I really like your style. I find I check back each couple of days to see your posts!

I actually saw your sale listing on the realtor site and thought "wow" this is not builders standard. Then I happened upon your blog- happy coincidence!

I can not wait to see your new home evolve- the last one is/was gorgeous :)