Saturday, March 26, 2011

What an ordeal I tell ya

First off I will show you how lovely my new bridge faucet turned out , but it was quite and ordeal
to get to this state. I needed a new faucet and why not push that improvement ahead in time for filming at my house on Monday? It was ridiculous I tell you , I had such a hard time getting the water to stop flowing , the shut off was turned off but it went on and on ....and then I couldn't get the old faucet detached , we had to sever one connection , annoying ... of course that is when Sophie flushed the toilet which pushed a huge amount of water throught the open pipes leading me to totally freak out .... I had picked up a lovely brushed nickle faucet with lovely styling and with a sprayer , but when we positioned it it looked dinky and it wouldn't even reach into the sink , since I have a monster huge sink....it is a Kholer three bowl sink which you can now buy at Home Depot for $1500.00 , ours was second hand and $100.00 but I hope to get new counters soon as well as an apron front sink that I think the bridge faucet will be perfect for....but for now I live with what I've got , cause the washing machine is leaking even worse than our old faucet was and that will have to come first.
I spent the better part of Friday working on the computer desk and hutch , I have always meant to paint the inside which was plain MDF so why not now , I also have been meaning to go through all the junk bursting at the seams in the cabinet , I freed up so much space ...feels good to purge , don't worry the doors were put back on and it looks fabulous all fresh ready for the kids to re- blemish , after Monday ...
I have to show you why I needed a new faucet this is a very popular Price Pfister faucet , which I think no one should buy , because it fell apart nearly right away ...the sprayer broke within the first 6 months , the finish wore off, I mean come on I don't have hands made of steel wool now , how do they explain this , the worst part was the leaking , it literally poured water out and down the sides of the faucet stack


Evidence of awful leakage....so I am steering clear of bronzed finishes in faucets for sure....it is a short term finish , I am glad to see it in the trash , good bye ugly .



17 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Wow that was a major brand I would expect more I think.Thanks for sharing but everything else looks great I loooove that sink although I realize you are getting a new one.

Pine Tree Home said...

I think the sink you have is rockin. Looks at the space, and a place to put itty bitty items. Glad to see you figured out the faucet install. Weird about the water issue.

jenna ♥ a little blue said...

too bad ab the water issue... but seriously everything else looks amazing. i love your home :)

Jake said...

Whew! I'm tired just from reading. ;)

Monday is going to be so exciting! Congrats big time.

I have a stainless deep single bowl drop-in and would love, love, love an apron front copper sink...Not gonna happen. Oh well. Your triple bowl is beautiful and I looked at a stainless one when we built the house but for the banging of large pots on the sides of a split sink i'd have had one.

Now for installing a faucet...I'd panic and drown. Love the new one btw.


Jake's a Girl.

High Street Cottage said...

I must have missed something filming what at your house? :) The faucet looks wonderful. I love the style. Details mean a lot, xxx tami

lisaroyhandbags said...

what a shame about the old faucet falling apart so badly! But your new one is gorgeous and worth all the aggravation you had to go through to get it installed. :)

laxsupermom said...

That PPf faucet pic is a bit scary, because we put in one of those when we reno-ed our kitchen 3yrs ago. I'm hoping yours was just a dud, and mine won't look like that. Love the new bridge faucet! Gorgeous!

You have to share behind the scenes pics when the S&C crew are there.

julie - eab designs said...

Sweet husband is downstairs right now installing our new faucet which looks almost just like yours. Woke up on Saturday morning to find a small flood under the kitchen sink. We also have the large Kohler sink and I couldn't believe how heavy it was when it came time to help him remove it. I hope I'll have running water and my new faucet by dinner time. Yours looks great!

michelle said...

Love the sink and the faucet! Sorry about the water troubles, I never understand how all the plumbing is hooked up. I hope that everything is running again how it should. :) Enjoy!

Mama Zen said...

Thank you, thank you for the heads up about the Price Pfister faucet!

The Mommy said...

We bought a really cheap Price Pfister faucet a few months ago. Our house is for sale and we wanted to just freshen up the kitchen a bit. It used to bang when we turned on the water and it would drive my husband crazy. He called the company and then sent out a few replacement parts but it didn't help. Then they decided to send us a whole new faucet. They didn't have the one we bought in stock so they sent us a much nicer one for free. We were really impressed with their customer service.

Ms.Carson said...

"My hands are not made of steel wool"... that made me laugh out loud.

Kate3 said...

I put that very same faucet in my house in 2004. It still looks great. I wonder if you got a bad one. Price Pfister is really good about sending replacement parts for free.

CountryCouture said...

I'm with Kate3...I've had that finish in a Price Pfister for YEARS and my finish still looks great. I think you got a lemon. Call the company and they may send you a replacement.

An Authentic Life said...

I just found you from the BlogHer site. It's always nice to meet fellow BlogHer members.
Needless to say, I love your site. It's a sweet breath of beachy air, of which I crave.
From the sands of Redondo, I'm a Rocky Mountain girl now, but still love and adore the beach.
Fondly,
KT

Mindi said...

I have the same Price Pfister and am having similar issues. The finish is coming off for the second time - got replacement parts and the replacement parts are showing scratches now. Got a replacement sprayer also - it is broken again already too- the plastic parts broke so it wabbles around in the hole and dribbles water. Haven't even had it for 4 years. Love your new one, Chris! Your house looks amazing!

LauraJane said...

Have you called Price Pfister about the issue? We had one in our bathroom and after 2 years had a bunch of calcium deposits in the trowel (sp?) that no amount of cleaning could take care of. When I called they apologized for the inconvenience and sent out a brand new faucet (they didn't even ask for proof of purchase, which is great since I can't find my receipt from 2 years ago).

We're keeping our spare until we decide to sell our house, so we have a brand new faucet at that point, especially since ours is still functional, just ugly. :)