Thursday, April 18, 2013

bamboo blind love

It took over a year for us to decide how to address the front entrance windows. We could leave them bare, which we did for a year, of cover them. We felt the need to cover them , sometimes we just felt so exposed. 
There are so many options , films, blinds, new inserts and sheers.... I don't like films and "decorator" cut glass inserts aren't really appealing to my style sense, although there is one option I would consider. I really do like this x detail design and maybe at some point we will make this upgrade but not right now.
 Because I also love bamboo blinds. 
I have 17 bamboo blinds in this house. 
So I went with bamboo blinds for the front door and side lights. They add just enough privacy, because it is just strange to walk down your hall and make eye contact with someone trying to take a peek inside your home while they are walking by...
i


I also installed a blind to the laundry room. We sometimes have the dogs sleep in the laundry room and once at 3:00 am a dog started barking at bunnies milling around the backyard so blinds were a must . No one want to hear there dogs barking in the middle of the night. 
The best thing about adding the final window coverings now is that they were on clearance at Lowe's for $5.00 , how could I lose.

Privacy and barking control is priceless!

No comments: