Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Readers brag post

I received some emails and photos yesterday , the first was from Susan in Ohio , she said that my pergola inspired her to create this over the garage pergola detail , which is amazing what a beautiful addition to this home , cheers to Susan !
I want this exact design above my front window ...he comes another project.





Second was from Stacey who lives a couple of towns over , I did an in home consultation with her in her new home she had literally just moved in , she was so open to change , painting the cabinets removing the corner shelfy thing and curved bulkhead , I also suggested new butcher block counters and an over hang to create counter seating and beadboard of course , well her husband made quick work of a big project , this duo did a great job and now has a stunning kitchen and they have also added value to their home. Cheers to Stacey and hubby!!!











Look at that pretty bulkhead , added crown moulding and matching paint adds height to the room and a cohesive look . They added two pendant light , which look perfect there.
Maybe that center light could become pot lights ???







Gorgeous counters , I wonder how they are treating them?? They sure look great , and BTW they are from Ikea.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, love both the garage treatment and the kitchen redo. Amazing color change and counters. Everything now looks so updated.

Erin from Skoots and Cuddles said...

fantastic projects... very talented readers!

Elyse said...

big kudos to all on these fabulous makeovers!

xo
elyse

Irene said...

Wow, that kitchen has definitely been transformed.

{The Classy Woman} said...

I love them both! The perola above the garage really gives it character and charm, I can see how without it, it would have been a bit boring. I love that she added hanging flower baskets-pretty!

The kitchen transformation is great-awesome butcher block countertops :)

~Karla

Shorely Chic said...

wow - what a nice addition to the garage, and amazing transformation on the kitchen - kudos to you for inspiring such lovely design :)

Jennifer said...

I love the looks and going back in mags - some I have saved have the fresh look of blue and white - my mom has that with a touch of lavendar and sage in her home in Florida - it's chic and homey and so very different from the "Florida decor" of most of her friends and neighbors. She's always had "the look". Jennifer pop in jennsthreegraces

3 Peanuts said...

It looks great!

I wanted to let you know that a comment you left me a few months ago had a influence on my decor too. I was contemplating stripes in my daughter's bedroom and thinking about horizontal vs. vertical. You said that vertical stripes seemed kind of dated. I will admit the comment stung for a second but then...I realized that was one of the pushes I need to give the horizontal ones a try. They turned out beautifully. So, thank you for your candor and opinion. I posted photos of her room on my blog about a week or two ago... if you want to see how it turned out.

Thanks,
Kim

LinkWithin

you might also like