Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just Beachy

I really think I should have a second home, a cottage on a beach of course, this is exactly how it would look , fresh and happy and light hearted , full of charm and whimsy too.
I am a huge fan of chalkboards , not just for kitchens as they can be a wonderful addition to many rooms, a place to express yourself and to leave messages like Happy Birthday or I Love You or how about just being an outlet for your budding artist.
The painted floors well how could you not love those?
This kitchen screams holiday to me , I am crazy in love with those pendants and blue appliances , no need to shy away from real color.



How could you not be happy waking up to this bathroom , the shower tile is such a wonderful choice. Notice the line up of sea shells balancing on top of the shower stall , charming .
This is a perfect bedroom , bead board every where , painted blue floors , and even a salvaged door for a headboard , this is my kind perfection.



17 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Oh, I want that oyster painting!!

Jenns Three Graces said...

Clean, crisp, cool, modern and I love it!!!!!

Jerusalem said...

love that house. the kitchen pendants are some of my all time fav and that horizontal beadboard is wonderful! thanks for the inspiration!

Jen B said...

Those are some wonderful pictures--I totally want to live in those rooms. Or at least vacation there : )

Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage said...

Found your blog via Olive Rue, and I love it!

You and I share the same background, great minds think alike. I lovvveeeaaahh that blue in the kitchen.....so pretty!

Can't wait to see more!

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

I totally agree ,it should be every womans God given right to own a beach cottage.For some reason my hubby doesn't agree,well he says at least not until we win the lottery.Love that first picture the most even though the headboard is TDF in the last one.But in that first pic it says peace ...as in I would get some peace because that would keep my 3 year old entertained.

Simply Dandy said...

Lovely photos.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

I am loving all of the wooden wall treatments here. Especially the wood ceiling! I would bake cookies all day long in that kitchen. NICE!

~Misti

alice said...

I adore the blue floor in the bedroom!

alice said...

I adore the blue floor in the bedroom!

Brenda said...

I love that bathroom! Looks so inviting!
Brenda

Wanderluster said...

If you ever get that beach cottage, I would like an invitation to visit please :)

Jo said...

Love your blog! My husband and I own a cottage on the lake and we're in the midst of decorating! This room has given me such inspiration! I will be following your blog for more great ideas!

Take care my fellow blogger:)
Joella
oneartsychick.blogspot.com

paige said...

love these images...i think i saw them in coastal living and flipped...such a great home

Kat said...

Wow! I would so love to OWN this beach house! Love it! It's perfect, I wouldn't change one detail.

Nicole said...

Ooooooh, so funny! I just marked the same pages in the mag where I saw these images. I can't remember...probably Coastal Living or Travel & Leisure. I am in LOVE with that kitchen! The colors are outrageous!

I just adore anything beachy!!

Printing Company said...

How I wish our home looks like that...
The blue appliances look very retro. Cool. I love it. :)

LinkWithin

you might also like