Thursday, November 20, 2014

Dining room update...priming and painting


 After taking some time to consider my choices I thought I would go ahead and try painting the built in white, well Vermont Cream...I had planned on painting it dark but I started to question it and when I asked my husband what he thought he said white...I am very unsure about the white but I am going to follow through with this current direction.
 I drilled a hole and used this outlet cover to keep it looking clean, I will be keeping the printer in the far cabinet so I needed the cord to fit through to the outlet.
 I picked up a fresh paint tray and some velour rollers for the smoothest hand rolled finish...
 when I saw this photo I thought it was the perfect compromise of the dark and white...I think these built ins are beautiful and if mine look anything like this overall look I will be happy.
 I wanted to show a pic of the backside of the filled pocket holes...they look pretty good I think.
 I have one more coat of paint to complete and then tomorrow I will be able to install all of the doors.
 I'm hoping I will love the way the brass hardware will look... then its time to install the tops and then it will be time to sand the floors then stain them. We might just have a dining room for Christmas.
Let's all enjoy the before...


No comments: