Thursday, May 15, 2014

Power Into Spring Blogger Event

 I've been doing DIY and carpentry projects for just around 10 years now and during that time I have bought and tried out so many different brands of tools. I can honestly say that my favorite brand by far and my go to brand has turned out to be Ryobi so when I got invited to participate in Ryobi's Power Into Spring blogger event I made time to go. Its always fun to take a break from projects and head into the city for some fun.
Jen from http://www.ramblingrenovators.ca/ was there too, its always nice to see her friendly face.We got to work on a little window box project together and take some amazing tools for a whirl.
 We were introduced to so many amazing cordless tools. I am a huge fan of cordless as I am not a fan of gas equipment, I hate having gas around the house and also because of the environmental effects. I had to purchase a gas mower when we moved into this house as our plug in electric mower wouldn't have done the job so I would definitely would love a cordless electric mower.
 The other BIG perk of this mower is how compact it is as it folds up and is light and easy to move, now that is amazing because minimizing the space tools take up in the garage is a huge bonus. I would need the wider model but this size, I believe its a 20" deck would be perfect for most city lots.
 Hedge trimmer being tried out by Julie at http://www.soberjulie.com/
 We enjoyed great food and drinks and met some great people.We learned a lot about the great Ryobi line of cordless tools and we made window boxes, what fun! I finally got my hands on that cordless nailer that I have been drooling over for the past year. AHHHH I loved it!

We also got to meet and chat with Frankie Flowers...he was happy to talk gardening and I walked away with a whole lot of good information and great advice....now to get my fence project over with and move onto the gardening....I really love spring and summer and I love being outside working on the yard, I really do.
You need to check Frankie's new book Power Plants.

I would have to say it was a great blogger event and I am glad I was able to make it...I am so ready to get back into the swing of building and creating projects inside and outside because spring and summer are my seasons for DIY especially after this long hard winter we made it through.

Here's my list so far:
build three gates
coffered ceiling in the dining room
pine floor install in the dining room
wainscoting in the main hall
bring back the grass(that's a tough one)
enjoy the spring and summer and relax.. I must fit that in


Don't forget you can get Ryobi tools at Home Depot, look for the great new bright green its hard to miss.

No comments: