Thursday, September 15, 2011

Planning helps busy the mind

I am feeling kind stressed with the work involved with buying our new house all the legal stuff and financing , so it is probably best to keep my mind occupied with design for now to help sooth my stressing mind.
The stairs will be oak , that was predetermined for us , but I do think painted and stained like in the photo , and we will still have a chance to choose the style of pickets and handrails...
I am really excited to have an actual laundry/ mudroom with a door to the backyard , this is so exciting.
In our breakfast area I am planning something very similar to this a little more clean lined though .
I will incorporate open shelving and closed uppers and of course painted cabinets.
I look forward to looking and finding the right tile for the backsplash, I played it safe here because I knew we would re sell at some point , but when you buy your forever house you can do what you love . I am hoping to get my apron front sink for my kitchen .
I love the pendants over this island.
The girls bathrooms will be so fun to decorate , of course my 10 year old has requested marble counters ... only my little girl right!
This is such an inspiring kitchen.

I am toying with the kitchen flooring , would you have wood or tile , I will be really picky with the tiles , but perhaps I will just go for the brick veneer floors , aren't they gorgeous? I will defiantely install them myself in the entry front hall.
So I will continue to dream and plan while the financing process moves forward , now I remember why I have post poned making a move...

No comments: