Thursday, September 15, 2011

Planning helps busy the mind

I am feeling kind stressed with the work involved with buying our new house all the legal stuff and financing , so it is probably best to keep my mind occupied with design for now to help sooth my stressing mind.
The stairs will be oak , that was predetermined for us , but I do think painted and stained like in the photo , and we will still have a chance to choose the style of pickets and handrails...
I am really excited to have an actual laundry/ mudroom with a door to the backyard , this is so exciting.
In our breakfast area I am planning something very similar to this a little more clean lined though .
I will incorporate open shelving and closed uppers and of course painted cabinets.
I look forward to looking and finding the right tile for the backsplash, I played it safe here because I knew we would re sell at some point , but when you buy your forever house you can do what you love . I am hoping to get my apron front sink for my kitchen .
I love the pendants over this island.
The girls bathrooms will be so fun to decorate , of course my 10 year old has requested marble counters ... only my little girl right!
This is such an inspiring kitchen.

I am toying with the kitchen flooring , would you have wood or tile , I will be really picky with the tiles , but perhaps I will just go for the brick veneer floors , aren't they gorgeous? I will defiantely install them myself in the entry front hall.
So I will continue to dream and plan while the financing process moves forward , now I remember why I have post poned making a move...

7 comments:

Ashley @ The Hillside Home said...

Love all of those inspiration pictures!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I would go with wood in the kitchen. We went with tile for practical reasons (what if one of the appliances floods?), but I really regret it. Wish there was wood in there. Also, so jealous that you are going to have a laundry room!!!! :)

Rachel said...

Love the pictures. I would go with wood in the kitchen. But that's my preference...it's your forever home so you may pick whatever you. I'm sure it will be beautiful and I can't wait to see it.

Heidi said...

Thanks for all the inspiration! I'm sure you'll have much of your new design ideas figured out before moving day. We hope to build and downsize into a Craftsman Bungalow style (1 1/2 storey) in 4 years, and I'm already collecting photos and ideas! One thing's for sure, I'm going to have a comfy window seat! Oh and wood flooring in the kitchen! Had that before and loved it.

Jenny B. said...

Wow! congrats, it's beautiful! You know, carrera marble is really cheap (about $12 a square foot, a lot cheaper than granite and some tile) so there's no reason why you can't get it for the countertops! and when you amortize it over the years you plan to spend in the house there's no reason not to do a tiny splurge on the forever items!!

Melissah said...

I just love white painted kitchens - lots of inspiration here!
x
Melissah from Coastal Style

Debbi Beverage said...

I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see more:)
Debbi @ the beach

Inspire Me Heather said...

You've got great style - and I love some of those photos too for sure!