Thursday, September 22, 2011

Our new house


I drive by our new house about 5 to 6 times a day some days as I always have that corner , so I get to see how things are coming along , over the last couple of days the oak stairs have gone in and the final door was installed yesterday in the family room, so exciting .
 I am so pleased to share with you that we have signed and this house is now our house ....our house is a very very fine house , it is literally so exciting , we had no plans on moving right now , it was over the horizon but now it is possibly only a just a few months off , don't know when we will be moving exactly ,but we will be offering the house for sale in a couple of weeks after I get everything just right...I just yesterday completed building and installing a custom closet in our master walk-in, one of those things I should have done a long time ago , it has so much more storage now.
 I can now really show you why we love this house, starting with the separate garage, this is the only house in our neighborhood with a separate garage , which is super great and will have plenty of room for my carpentry work shop...
 Here is the floor plan of the upper floor, I am so excited for the girls to have their own bathrooms , what a luxury , and I won't have to hear all the singing in the shower unless I want to of course, the girls will have to clean those rooms, well at least keep them tidy.I think its neat that the kids bedrooms have a little hallway leading to their rooms , and all those windows enough said , good thing I like bamboo blinds  right...! all the windows will have to match .
I am also thrilled to have a separate shower I have never had one , I think I will really like it , I am looking forward to tiling the shower base myself, that is one place to splurge with something special.I've been pricing out marble counters for Sophie's bath per her request , I think I need to convince her to go with something more durable like quartz that looks like marble.
 Here is the main floor layout , a classic center hall plan, walk- in closet in the foyer , high ceilings and doorways.
 Here are the drawings of the house from the builder , we were allowed to select three choices for the siding colours , we really love greys so we are hoping for the darkest shade which was our first choice, doesn't that sound terrible , hoping , but this is how this works , they don't put the same colours together which I totally get , I think we will get our choice, they describe our styles of homes here as Cape cod style.
 I love this side view , all the windows and all the shutters and great headers , the triple kitchen sink is so lovely , I'm going to have to build a nice window box for that window.I see a picket fence in my future, again , both previous houses we have built picket fences.
 This is the side that faces our yard , we don't have a back yard but a substantial side yard , and a good deal of space behind the garage , I said that's for our boat !!! wait we don't have a boat??
 And the front , I don't know why it says side , its a corner lot so its a bit complicated , oh did I mention that this was a parking lot , yes a parking lot , for the model homes , which are all family homes now , and we get the parking lot , I think gardening might be a little challenging, I see finding large crushed gravel in my future.
 So I have been trying to plan our kitchen , I want open and closed storage , and drawers , I want drawers.

I think I will swap the location of the bank of drawers and the one door there for good garbage space, and under the sink will be recycling. I'm trying to really pre plan the kitchen as well as I can .

So there we have it , I am waiting for the call to go in and make all of our selections , some are easier than others , some upgrades we will do ourselves because the builder pricing can be steep for things like hardwood, it is just better to do that ourselves and some of the tiling depending on what their selections are , they have Debbie Travis options at our design center, whoo hoo , I am looking for white subway tile in the bathrooms, I almost feel bad for the design person that gets me, wouldn't you ?

No comments: