Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moving along nicely and bunny watching

I nearly died when I saw this house , it clearly jumped straight out of my mind and dreams and came to be ... have you seen this gorgeous home featured now on House of Turquoise

This house has a lot of features that we are going to use on the bunkie , the bold white trim ,the blue door, the grey shakes and port hole style window , which we found at a local re-use store , which mimics the front of our house. I hope they don't mind me sharing this pic of this beautiful home.



Moe is doing a little quality control , what are the odds we would find one of these at the re-use store , for $30.00 now how do I make rounded trim ??? any tips ?


Yesterday I framed out the peaks , this was fun....as long as we keep at it a little at a time this project will get done before the summer is over , the kids are so eager to get in there and have sleepovers , I can't blame them.


I never had a chance to show you this Nantucket beachy style bathroom makeover I did before winter , I love the charm trim work adds to any space.


I am so excited about our new addition , baby bunny , its a cotton tail bunny that has been hanging around for the last week , it's wild , and so darn sweet , it is tiny the size of a soft ball, sorry about the bad picture it is very skiddish , it nibbles our grass and hides in the garden and explores its world , I love bunny watching , it seems to be hiding under our bunkie quite a lot...which is fine by me , but I don't have a vegetable garden for it to destroy and if it wants to eat our grass and morning glories that are everywhere that is fine by me...I am really enjoying the bunny , we don't have much around here as far as wild life , so birds and bunnies are welcome at my house any day .

7 comments:

Screaming Meme said...

I want to be you when I grow up! :) I am excited too! can I come sleep over? lol

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

LOVE this home too!! Can't wait to see your bunkie. (I think that's how you spell it). :)

Ms. Bake-it said...

I saw that home and wanted to move in! Your bathroom looks great! I love the trim and colors. Will you create a tutorial on the making of your bunkie to share with us?

~ Tracy

porter place cottage said...

Chris,
First off, I love your blog and wish I had your talent! You creations are to die for...I was reading this last post and there is a place here in the states that sells "flexible molding" the link is: http://www.firstclassbp.com/Web_FirstClassbp/Products/Mouldings/Flex/Flex.htm

Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

Steenkbug said...

We are planning to build a "bunkie"/yard barn this summer, too. My husband wants to build it from scratch, but I'm nervous about how it will turn out. Did you use plans for yours or are you just skilled enough to do with out plans?

Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

see what you mean its a gorgeous house. Your bathroom looks fabulous

deb o said...

Hi Chris! Could you tell me what colors/paints you used in your bathroom makeover? I love the frame on the mirror and the b&b wall. Thanks! deb

LinkWithin

you might also like