Monday, October 2, 2017

Born to Create



This is my latest White Wood custom clock design...every time I make clocks I learn a new technique which is amazing, it feeds my soul to create new things...

 When did I know that I was born to create...? I'm trying to think back...when was it..?..it must have been when we had our first apartment and I got creative with how to decorate on a nearly $0 budget...decorating with flea market finds and making over pieces with paint....thankfully the budgets got bigger...and my skills got better and better...I remember making some shutters and a faux gate to hang on the wall above our sofa...using a hammer and nails and a hand saw...I was just always one to jump in and create...then after moving to our second apartment my husband gave me an industrial glue gun and a mouse sander for Christmas...

I have been so happy to share all I have learned with others now, people that are now starting out their creative journey.


I was recently asked to be interviewed for East magazine and of course I said yes...and was I ever shocked to see my own space on the cover....how fun, the article is so good...lol and I just loved the photos...what an honour...here is a link to EAST if you would like to take a look. 


Moving to this house has opened up the flood gates as far as my creation of decor pieces...
I have designed my own modern farmhouse brackets made locally for me, I make the distressed rustic shelves.


I recently added these custom laundry drying racks...this was such a fun group of ladies...so full of fun and creativity.

It has made all the difference to have the support of Ryobi and to offer all these tools for my workshops...so grateful.

Sometimes with DIY the very best results come from mistakes...for instance this clock needed to have the center sanded back to re-do the lettering but the end result was far better than if the mistake hadn't occured....I love this...




I really have been having so much fun creating new pieces...so much fun following my dreams...

It's pretty amazing how blogging has opened so many amazing doors for me...how it has lead me to follow my dreams to create beautiful things...







No comments: