Monday, October 22, 2012

Hallway definition with trim

 Well after several days of work I finished up the trimming of this transition in the hall way , we love how it is so much grander than before and how it defines this detail.
 I think I might start looking for some real lanterns , although I like these and I made them , I think I might be open to something more refined.

 It nearly broke my heart to tear out perfectly good upgraded baseboards but I am so glad I did tackle this project.
 I really need to replace those brass door knobs...

9 comments:

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

You`re amazing! Yes, the brass has to go, lol!

S
xo

Angela said...

Oh no... as I was reading your post today I thought...(sigh) I love those lanterns, I wish I could make some.

Cynthia said...

First thing I saw was the Brass!!! lol.....good job with the trim.

Cindy

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

The stuff you do is simply amazing. I'm always in awe.

I read every post and think the same thing every time.

:)

marlenefit said...

It's funny I have one brass handle left in my hallway. I've been meaning to replace. I like the lanterns you have mounted on wall. Where did you get them?

sfitzg2 said...

Love the baseboards! Would love to see how you replace the brass on the doors. I have brass in my house as well but the hinges are also brass. I could handle replacing the knobs but am not so sure about replacing the hinges.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your trim work looks so seriously good! Love the work you do!

Pine Tree Home said...

Looks fabulous. I am a trim lover so this just made my heart pitter patter.

Serendipitous Home said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying such nice things.
Your new place is stunning and I love your design direction. I especially love your kitchen and can't believe you do the trim yourself and made those pendant lights!. Maybe one day my I could learn from hubby so I could handy like you LOL!
If I ever sell my chairs you will be the first to know.

take care,
Sandra