Friday, April 27, 2007

Ever evolving ...




I think that "decorating" is a process , you could hire someone to do it for you or do it yourself, but it evolves over time or should , of course we have all seen a room decorated in the 70's that remains to be shrink wrapped from the past , I love listing in the MLS that mentioned "maintained" which means trapped in the past to me , or needs gutting really, green shag and nastly paneling, poor layouts kitchens and bathrooms in desperate need of a wrecking ball. I have always moved every 3 years or so , with a new blank slate to make my own in what ever style or colour I love for the moment , but since we have invested so much in our home and life here I find myself tweeking what we have which is even more fun than I thought making all the improvements that I dream of.I am not fond of builder homes , they come very bland , and going through with all the updates that I would want at the time of purchase would have added $50,000.00 or more,not an option, so I have been slowly improving one step at a time.
My latest improvements are the lights in the kitchen, I found these very affordable fixtures at Home Depot , $50.00 each , of course considering the difficult task that the electrician had trying to put two boxes where there was one and getting them in the location I wanted wow I have so much respect for the trade, I am still waiting on the bill ,but it will be worth it , it looks incredible, where most have a small awkward table I have a huge island ,and my new lights are the icing on the cake.
The photo of the sink is the first improvement we made , I found that Kholer sink for sale in the paper for $100.00 and the faucet on ebay about 5 years ago. I love my huge sink it has 3 bowls , although I would love an apron front sink but one big bowl or two , I don't know maybe.
I have put in the photo of the previous light fixture as well. What do you think?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! What a huge difference!!! Looks stunning. :-)

Linda MacDonald CSP(tm) said...

I think the new lighting looks great!! Of course, the one you had prior was pretty too. The colour of your range hood looks exactly like the colour of my kitchen cabinets. We think alike!! Love your kitchen!!

LinkWithin

you might also like