Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sneak peek before it's complete

I just wanted to show you one last time how things are coming along for the little guest house we are building that we started back in May , these things take time since we are doing this all ourselves in our spare time . But I am happy to share this past weekend we made a lot of progress , we are almost finished the soffits , oh soffits now that is not fun stuff, my hands were so sore from using tin snips , ouch. Look here at my beautiful floor , it is just so lovely , it is 5" cottage pine tongue and groove flooring from Home Depot, I have used it in the main house and I just love it , $1.62 a sq foot, I am painting it , to keep it light and fun , I have decided on that colour but I am keeping that until the reveal.
All the walls are clad and painted , well it needs one more coat , and trim work still needs to be done , but I will have to rent a table saw for that job , coming soon .
I love how the bunkie looks a glow of light at night , I am getting very excited , the end is near.
I couldn't help myself to decorate just a little , next step is to rent a sprayer and spray out the ceiling , that should be interesting for sure , then the soffit finishing , and cladding the back ( our poor neighbours) and spraying the interior , trim , paint floor , exterior trim , building beds , just a teeny tiny bit of work right !!!! then we can give it a spin , sleepovers !!!
I should be taking some reservations soon , now no more peeks until it is all complete , I promise.

11 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

Keep the peaks coming. I love watching the progress.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

That is looking fantastic!! The end is near! Let me know when you're taking reservations ;)

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

I'm having trouble spelling this morning!

I wanted to say...I'm so excited for you!!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I cant wait to see it when your done. I am sure it will look great. Your very talented lady..

cottage art shop said...

You're awesome! Love it and all your ideas.

Cynthia said...

Looks very chic! Love it! Mine is still unstained/painted...must get that done! I like how you finished the inside walls!

C.

Melissah said...

It looks like you have your hands full & a lot of hard work ahead of you.
Have fun ..it will be worth it in the end.
x
Melissah
Coastal Style Blogspot

Jean said...

Can't wait to see it completed. I'm curious about your colors.

Cassy said...

Looking forward for more progress or the completed one.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Pam @ Frippery said...

Adorable. Where did you find the flooring at Home Depot? Ours has nothing like that. I have been wanting pine flooring for our second floor. Looks wonderful!

LinkWithin

you might also like