Sunday, October 23, 2016

Look what we have done....we bought a church

 I want to show you our new home...it is a 1877 United gothic revival church, a simple frame church...it was in rough shape about a year ago...the siding was rotting, it had no insulation, 60 amp electrical and an outhouse...yep an outhouse.
It was purchased to flip and to be turned into a three bedroom two bathroom house....the best part is we didn't have to do any of the hard work.
After looking for weeks for a smaller house the pickings were bleak...I mean there were lots of major fixer uppers but I do not have time for another big project....I wanted something that was almost there, I will always put my touch on a house but small projects...built ins, furniture, trim that kind of thing.
I happened upon this open house on the realtor site and I knew I had to take a look...I brought my family out to take a look, our youngest was very opposed...but it didn't hurt to go look.
When I stepped inside the garage I got very excited...it was a brand new garage just what I need and it was detached which is very important to me.

 I fell in love with the crisp white brand new siding and trim and of course those windows

New siding, spray foam, geo thermal, new electrical, septic and well.... its so much like a new house in a lot of ways

 This is the back of the garage...a window with a view to the farm behind....
                                                                 what a beautiful view






 The counter on the island is made from pew wood as well as the stairs to the basement







 this is the master, there is a loft above...we will need stairs pronto
new modern bathrooms
 basement is ready for my personal touches...

the girls bathroom


we are really excited to get moved just before Christmas ....

follow along for updates...this should be fun...of course more often I will post on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/chris_kauffman/
bye for now, I have a holiday house to tour to get ready for and I gotta pack


1 comment:

Sammy said...

Absolutely amazing! I love, love, love it!! I can't wait to see what you do with it.