Thursday, March 30, 2017

hello friends



Welcome to White Wood...
I know it has been a long time since I have blogged and it has been something I have toyed with...do I continue to blog, do I have anything to blog about...so I have decided to give it a go again... we have all been going through a lot of changes over the last 5 months...selling our house and moving to the country...its been a BIG adjustment...lots of changes...
I wouldn't recommend making big life changes in the bleekest months of the year...I think we really need spring and the sun to make us feel really at home...we have been shut in and that makes it harder to settle in I think...but slowly we are setting settled and things are getting prettier.

I have a boat load of changes planned for this kitchen...and I am hoping this summer we will get things started...painting the cabinets a real white and replacing the island top becuase the seams are gapping and food gets in there...gross...we will repurpose the top for my husbands desk top after a little size adjustent...we will be moving some of the uppers and adding more tile and open shelving and replacing this modern rangehood that is not exactly my style.

We will be sanding the floors and staining them a medium brown to bring out the character and poly to seal them nicely so I can actually mop these floors. I found these beautiful lamps at Lowes recently and I just love them....

                   We brought home this piece yesterday as I just had to have it, on the way home we realized it would be the perfect coffee bar piece, I am using it for extra dishes and bowls, I love that I can see my pretty things.
I was able to build this sofa table using left over flooring from the church and these old turned pedastals I had been hanging onto for just the right project.



 We did have a few nice days and we were able to explore our new environment a little bit....come on spring...I heard a pack of wolves howling away in the distance last night...that and the gun shots take some getting used to.

Although we do not have a lot of land there is this wonderful feeling of space out here...its a good thing

I have to share this photo...so pretty...we can't keep these doors any longer as they are not exterior doors so it turned out so we have ordered a new proper door that swings in...it is super weird to open a door out towards guests...I'm really excited to add a bit of a modern touch to this new home of ours that we have named White Wood.

We needed to have some landscaping done, the gravel that was here was a mess so we called our trusted landscaper that we used at our last house and he did a beautiful design, classic grey bricks in a herringbone pattern and lots of stable gravel...I love that crunchy sound of cars driving on a gravel driveway.


I ordered these beautiful gooseneck lights from Home Hardware and these modern large house numbers from number my house...I have a lot of painting coming up...gotta paint that garage door a soft quiet grey...these changes are exciting

So there you go, I am back...I want to share my journey turning a 140 year old church into a home...and I even have a lot of other fun news coming up soon.... stay tuned

11 comments:

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

I'm excited to follow along with your 'We moved to the country and are living in a heritage church' journey!

I do follow you on IG but I'm a blog reader at heart.

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Good to see you back! Love all the little touches you've made to turn this church house into a home.

Kim said...

Yay! You're back. Can't wait to see what you do to this place.

Chris Kauffman said...

Thanks Sue...it should be an interesting journey

Chris Kauffman said...

thanks you jen for your constant encouragement

Chris Kauffman said...

Yes Kim I am back...I will be back much more frequently, but it might take some time to get back into the habit

Sammy said...

I hope you keep blogging bc I love your blog and can't wait to see what you do with this great church home!! The picture of the room all white is beautiful!

JeanneW said...

Whoo hoo you're back!

Doreen Jefferson said...

All of your project ideas sound great, i adore that feeling of starting new things, like a new chapter in life. Wish you all the best throughout that journey.

Anonymous said...

Hey. I was wondering where you bought your coffee bar? Love the new modern farmhouse look!
Thank you
Diana July

Chris Kauffman said...

that is from Homesense