Monday, January 19, 2015

Ryobi cordless Airstrike brad nailer Review

Last July shortly after attending the Power into spring blogger event for Ryobi I was sent a Ryobi airstrike brad nailer... lets just say I was really excited I had heard so many good things about this tool and I was so excited to give it a try.

I wanted to really try it out before I shared a true review...and let me just say after using it for the last 5 months it is a winner...not even once I have I plugged in my compressor in the last 5 plus months.



I really put this tool through its paces...it took a while since in late June I sprained my ankles badly so I was forced to take a long DIY break...but in late September I tackled a major makeover of a built-in for a friend of mine...you can see that project here




As you can see it was an extensive makeover project..the only nail gun I used was the airstrike cordless brad nailer for this project.


After this project I started my dining room and my very labour intensive chevron floor...now for whatever reason I am not good at working a flooring nailer, I just can't get a hang of it...so the majority of our pine floors I have installed were done so with a brad nailer...this Ryobi cordless nailer made this job wonderfully easy...no cords to deal with and no loud refills of the compressor to tollerate...I am won over...but it wasn't hard it was a pleasure to use.
You can only imagine how many nails I used to lay this floor...I have no idea but it was a lot.
See more on the dining room project,check out these posts below
plans
day 5
face framing
base cabinet tops and diy counters
diy doors
diy shaker doors
priming and painting
week 5
adding upper shelving
week 6
from sketch to reality
built-ins are complete
the final reveal

For the rest of the built-ins in the dining room the Ryobi cordless nailer is all that I required...my opinion on this product is that I love it, wouldn't want to live without it...if I was asked I would recommend you would be happy if you added to your collection of tools..it is the perfect DIYers nail gun.
editied*
Ok I have been reminded there may be some issues with this nail gun that you might want to hear about, someone asked " is it heavy ?"...compared to a regular brad nailer it is heavier but I adapted very quickly to it's weight, there is a bit of a delay when you push the trigger but that's not a bad thing for me personally it wasn't a problem I was more diliberate when nailing and I didn't have as many miss aims as I normally would, and I was able to get into tight spots like on narrow wood up against my wall, no problem there, overall I think it is a good nail gun and if I hadn't been given the one I have I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for myself...there were many early years of DIY where I struggled with hammer and nails & if this had been available it would have saved me a lot of frustration.
Oh and what model do I have...this one 

So big thank you to Ryobi for giving me this Airstrike to try out I give it a 10/10 it is my new favourite tool.
Of course you can find all Ryobi tools at Home Depot.

1 comment:

Rebeca Paducon said...

I'm going with the Ridgid 18v 16 woodworking brad nailer
gauge for shelves or would an 18 gauge be better?