Friday, October 31, 2014

Around the house




I found a grey linen duvet and sham set at Homesense on clearance, it took me nearly three years to find something I really liked...I see its time to give it a wash and iron but I am not looking forward to that task...
 Currently my dining room project is on hold, I needed some time to recover from the flooring install but I am hoping to get back at it early next week...


 After dealing with insane amounts of dust during the flooring install I decided it was time to get some dust collection, I found this beginner unit second hand. I am hoping it will really help reduce the mess...I have yet to decide how I am going to set it up, it is moveable so it can be used inside on occassion also...kinda excited to give it a spin.
 I was killing time the other day at Winners and found this fun marquee sign...aren't they all the rage? It was even in my shade of  deep blue so I didn't hesitate to bring it home.
 I moved the black media cabinet out of the living room, I am trying out this lovely dresser instead I love this piece as I've said before...I plan to mount the tv on the wall ...the sign is a fun touch it is battery operated.

I moved this cabinet from the living room up to our bedroom where it fits in beautifully with our black bed.
This cabinet has had many transformations, it was a hand me down piece from my in-laws, I think it is maple, it had other shelves and a lot of curves and a shelf with a little fence type detail, over the years I have transformed it into what it looks like today which to me is kind of a Pottery Barn style media cabinet which is more current and clean lined, I suppose I up-cycled it.
I searched for an early photo of it and this is all I could find an old photo of our old house...circa 2007 wow I sure over did it with the accessories back then...

So that's what has been going on around the house...oh and more importantly please pay attention to your breast health, if you have them...I know it is the last day of October but it is still officially Breast Cancer Awareness Month....I had my first mammogram last week and its not scary and painful like you may think it is....check your self and get into the Dr asap to have anything suspicous checked out....OK that is my little PSA.


Lot's of love, 
Chris 


No comments: