Thursday, October 24, 2013

I have a dirty little secret

 This is a little corner of my basement and it has been nothing more than a dumping ground in my "workshop" area.
  Because I didn't really spend enough time creating proper storage it became a complete disaster zone. So yesterday i went on a search to start the process of cleaning and organizing this space so that I can work indoors a little over the very cold months ahead.
  My garage is where I prefer to work because all my big tools are out there and there is a good amount of room for me to work. The garage is not insulated or heated so I can't do work out there during the cold months. I added a little heater to the ceiling but it only helps if I stand directly under it, so that doesn't work so well.
  I found these shelves at Home Depot for $37, they are light but sturdy and very easy to put together, 5 min and no tools needed. I will be heading back to get more of these.They fit all of our things, having a spot for our stuff will help get things off the floor and keep things better organized. I really love having a rough basement space for all the storage, we need a lot of it. We also Have a little workout space down there.
I have found I really need to donate a lot of items that have been collecting dust down there, like old brass hardware I removed and lots of cans of perfectly good paint that just didn't work out for me.
 When I was organizing my bits and pieces I realized my current storage solutions were pretty much useless, I needed a whole lot of little bins. I bit the bullet and bought this amazing bin solution. When I opened the box I heard heavenly music.....Ahhhhh!!!!! I get so excited by this , is this normal.
My next project I have for the basement is to build a rolling work bench with storage. I will show you all that project, coming soon.

I am also going to get it together and do a post on all my favorite tools and must have gadgets. Soon.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Where are the blue bins from. Looks like a great solution.

Rachel said...

What's the that storage bin thingy called? Nathan could totally use one of those. Our garage needs some organization help too.

Just Beachy said...

The bin rack is from Canadian Tire but they are available at most big box stores , like Costco , Sam's Club , Home Depot and Lowes

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

OMG ... Angels sing for the bin unit.

LinkWithin

you might also like