Saturday, June 15, 2013

The evolution of a built in , day 7

I am so happy with how the built-ins turned out especially after toying with how to set this built-in up for a long time. The reason I couldn't do a second tower to make it symmetrical is because to the right there is the door to the bathroom and a second tower would block access to that door. 


 Here is the little sketch of the built-in plan, things change during the building process as per usual when it come to me.
 I ordered a door for the bottom of the tower and a drawer front for the drawer, they will be inset doors. I went with a simple paint grade with an ogee and a straight edge. I considered a bead board inset door but it was more than twice the cost and it wasn't worth it for me, both doors cost $70 which I thought was very reasonable. Trying to find door to fit and in the size I needed would have been impossible. I want a professional seamless end result. It took 3 coats of paint just FYI.
Here is how things began , plain roman shades and a nice but not properly sized dresser for this room. 
 And here is a reminder of how it looked last Saturday , I know it is hard to believe it is the same stuff, the bones aren't cute but they don't need to be.

So there you have it a week from rough to lovely.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

It's beautiful! I'm so envious of your skills!

Jake said...

Love. It.

I bet that daughter does too.

LauraJane said...

LOVE that- looks so amazing!

Lovely is exactly the right adjective!

Elizabeth R. said...

Where did you order the door from? I need to order a custom door for a kitchen cabinet so I'm looking for some recommendations. Thanks!

P.S. The built in's look fantastic!

Just Beachy said...

The doors were from Marbel in Whitby Ontario

LinkWithin

you might also like