Friday, March 15, 2013

So where was I ????

Seriously I suppose I have been on a little break from blogging, but it was not planned, it just kind of happened or rather didn't happen.

I  never suffered from the baby blues but let me tell you every winter I get the blues and sometimes badly. This season has been a bad one for me. I was plagued with daily extreme headaches I gather they are from the low pressure or is it the high pressure from the cold weather , I don't know but it is killer. It zaps my energy and motivation to do really anything , which is not like me.

I decided to get off of all the white stuff, like flour, sugar , pasta , potatoes all that good stuff. Well that was hard but after 5 days of headaches I had it all out of my system. Moving onto healthier eating and generally being healthier. This year there will be changes. No time like 40 to get serious, right.

I was able on one of my better days to tackle the remaining closets of my daughters , just making them more functional by adding towers and re-arranging the single hanging to double hanging, what a difference.


I removed the single rod and one shelf for this set up, nothing fancy. Sophie is so tidy , this closet always looks like this which is so nice.

What else have I missed , oh the snow , I must show you the snow. Oh I hate snow , it's cold , it's a beast to clear and it gives me headaches, we just don't get along. Oh and it's March , mid March why are we still getting snow , it's crazy. This was taken a few weeks back.

 One morning about 2 weeks ago I woke up to this view , I will admit it was pretty this day.

 We have a lot of clearing to so , and we got way more than this actually, grrr.
 Go to bed, snow! Wake up in the morning, snow! Help...!!!!
Early spring , didn't that ground hog say early spring. What do ground hogs know anyway? nothing that's what....

 This kind of sums up this winter, stay in bed , hunker down , get cozy , stay lazy.....

Create, yes that is what I love to do most and I will I have big plans , lots of plans. Heck this is my wrist , I had it tattooed after all just recently.

I will get my mojo back , I better we have lots to accomplish this spring summer and fall. We need a fence and a deck and hopefully some more pine floors will get installed and some wainscotting on the main floor.That is the tip of the iceberg really.

Built-ins in 4 rooms, ceiling trim work 2 rooms or 3, painting lot's of painting, an in-ground hot tub , out door kitchen , gardens , front walkway,the office, basement someday,pine floors, finished garage.....many years of work ahead.

One the weather decided to be spring and a reasonable temperature I will back to work on a couple of projects in April, oh April please bring some nice warm weather , we sure need it in Southern Ontario.

So there you have it , I am alive and well just haven't had much to share , thanks to those who wrote to see if I was OK , I really was touched.
Chris

14 comments:

michelle said...

Hey Chris,

Even for those of us who like the winter and the snow it has been tough. I live around the corner from you and I can say that I don't think that I've ever been so unmotivated. I have the best of intensions, but It's been difficult to get moving and doing. Hang in there! Spring is on it's way. Try to get out and walk on the sunny ones. Try to think of the things that inspire you and go and do them. You don't always have to be working your ass off to be productive. Sometimes we all need a break and that's OK!

Lauren Zuzic said...

I'm glad you are back!!!! I missed your posts and all of your inspiring creative energy! Your tattoo is cool!!

Walking on Sunshine said...

Hello Chris ,and welkome back.
It´s nice to know that youre okay .
I love your tatoo
waiting for your new creations ;)

xoxo
Lulu

Michelle said...

I am with you!! I live on edge of MN/WI in WI, about 6 hrs south of the Canada border. We have been getting snow, freezing rain with one nice day thrown in sporadically. Thursday, woke up to snow and then in the afternoon, it was about 38F-40F and sunny. It was so nice. It sucks, this up and down fickle weather. This week coming our temps at night are down to the single digits again, which means pretty cold in the mornings again. I am ready for spring... and that whole groundhog thing.. that doesn't apply to us in the upper midwest or Canada. I have so much I want to do this spring. Fence. Windows to varnish. I need to be able to take out the double hung sashes. I need sun, green grass and being able to be outside (more than just to shovel). Hang in there!! I really do hear you.

Razmataz said...

I am also in Ontario and have found this Winter long. March is usually warmish so this year is throwing me off. Glad you are feeling better. The lack of sunlight is hard. Looking forward to your projects. By the way, I did the marble in our Florida house after seeing yours and your advice on sealing it.

Little Cottage on the Pond said...

So glad you are alright. We live on the Texas coast, so snow is a foreign idea to us! I seem to have reverse seasonal affect disorder- our summers get me down every year. 110 temps can do that!
Love the tattoo btw ;)

The Silver Bunny said...

What a beautiful house you have !.. not mentioning the cute dog !

Ford Interiors said...

glad you are back Chris! I know the winter blues too...with more daylight and less snow - you will begin to feel like yourself in no time! Can't wait to see what you do!

Limefreckle said...

Glad that you are OK! I think this time of year is the lack of sunlight really starts to hit you! Glad you are back, keep your chin up, it's bound to get nice around here soon!

a beach house in Montana said...

glad to see your back, it that a black head board i see? if it is will you post pics im searching for a kigs size head board for our new bed thanks and glad to see you back and doing ok xoxo sherri

its still snowing im montana to:)

Cynthia said...

So glad your okay! This has definately been a long winter! But sooo pretty too!! We just got back from Blue Mountain ski resort, beautiful, gotta learn to make the best of it. No internet too, drove the kids crazy, but you need to disconnect sometimes.

Your tat, is pretty, and suits you!

C.

marlenefit said...

Hi Chris I was wondering about you too. Thanks for the update. I live in So. California and even I feel blue when it's cold and cloudy. Im more happy when the sun is out. I found your blog a year ago and so glad I did because you continue to inspire me. I made a lot of changes to my home this year thanks to your beach cottage inspiration.

Linenqueen said...

Seasonal Affective Disorder is no joke. I had an interesting experience with it I thought I would share with you. I got on my computer and went to airb&b, the website for inexpensive vacation accommodations and I looked at Honolulu and Miami. When I found something that looked interesting I used a Google Map Street View to look at the neighborhood. Probably did this for a couple of hours. I was "up" the rest of the day. I live in Washington DC the winter overcast capitol of the world. Six months of it. But after my two hour visit to warm sunny palm tree shaded vistas my whole psyche turn around. Ann

Linenqueen said...

Seasonal Affective Disorder is no joke. I had an interesting experience with it I thought I would share with you. I got on my computer and went to airb&b, the website for inexpensive vacation accommodations and I looked at Honolulu and Miami. When I found something that looked interesting I used a Google Map Street View to look at the neighborhood. Probably did this for a couple of hours. I was "up" the rest of the day. I live in Washington DC the winter overcast capitol of the world. Six months of it. But after my two hour visit to warm sunny palm tree shaded vistas my whole psyche turn around. Ann