Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trip to Ikea

 I took a recent trip to Ikea to pick up some goodies like drapes a new slipcover and some frames for the family room.
I did go ahead and buy the Abyn Blue striped cover as it fit my style and was a great deal especially since now I am not thinking of buying a new sofa , our ektorp sleeper sofa is in great shape it just needed a new dress pretty, amazing for an Ikea sofa that is 10 years old.
 I was worried my husband wasn't going to like it , since he is not one for stripes , but I find striped slipcovers very forgiving and it added interest. I even had my doubts when I went to pick it up. But we love it , both of us, it is just what the room needed.
 I also picked up the Ribba frames , the biggest ones they had, 39"x 27" , I just need to get my image printed. The frames really fill this wall well, smaller would be under scaled.
Fresh , new, coastal , love...

11 comments:

queentasingtao said...

I love what you did with this room and I love the stripes. This is absolutely beautiful!

queentasingtao said...

I love what you did with this room. Love the colors and the stripes. Absolutley beautiful!

Lady Jane said...

Sofa looks great. It wakes up the area...

Veronica Roth said...

Just found your blog thru Hodge-Podge. Loving the first look and loving that you're a fellow Canadian blogger. Going to take a good look around now. :)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Chris, I found you on hodge;podge and just had to come by. I am in awe of your talent and look forward to following your adventures.

ajm5530 said...

Are the drapes also Ikea? If so, which ones are they? Do you have a rule that you follow for hemming to not get the flare?

Andy said...

I have been lurking for a long time. Love all you're doing with your new home. Would you be willing to share your source for the prints? Just had a major fail with some I had enlarged.

Laurayne said...

Love the room! I am a Parkridge homeowner and find so much inspiraation in your design and "look"!

Ann P said...

Love the colors and stripes! Also the touch of red with pillows! Very beach cottage feel!
Ann @ Cairn Cottage

fancygoods said...

Coming along very nicely! Would you share your paint color for the walls above the molding? Love it!

Art and Sand said...

I have the Ikea Ektorp and didn't realize how old mine is. We bought in in 2004 in blue and white stripe and now have red corduroy slipcovers. It has held up very well. I like that the slipcovers are cheap enough you can replace them easily.

I love the blue and white stripe you chose.

LinkWithin

you might also like