Friday, November 2, 2012

Finally our completed kitchen , from builder basic to dream kitchen

 How did I forget to take photos of my fully completed kitchen. It is definitely my favourite room in the house and it turned out as good or better than I had planned.
 From my pine dark stained floors to the second hand kijiji table I found for $40 and refinished in black stain to the Restoration hardware industrial style pendants , I love my new kitchen. It has everything that I desired in a kitchen. It took three to four months to complete but it was so worth the efforts.
 The cabinets are painted Bedford Grey by Martha Stewart. The island butcher block is from Ikea. The counter is carrera marble , love. The squared pulls are Martha Stewart special order from Home Depot. The range is a 6 burner 36" Kitchen aid commercial style range , it is amazing.
 I clad the bulkhead with trim and crown moulding to make it look deliberate and custom and I love it more than if the cabinets didn't have the buklhead.

 The little touches like this wine storage to balance out the extended bulkhead , turns out it created a great opportunity for this useful feature.
 The brackets were simple and from Home Depot. Loving my pot drawers. I needed to replace the basic glides with heavy duty ones , what a difference.
 I love the open shelving , its just enough to display my pretty pieces.
 We all love the water dispenser and ice maker , what a luxury . My baking area is such a dream. I need to find more time to bake, Christmas is coming.
 Bringing the cabinet over the fridge forward and creating a proper gable there and dressing it with crown made such a huge difference creating a built in feeling for the fridge.
 Extending the island with this microwave cabinet and adding electric to the island was such great move , I love mixing things on the island its so handy.

 I went from a huge triple sink to one single extra deep rectangular contemporary sink , and I love it , it fits everything , and it can be full and I mean full of dirty dishes and you would never know they were in there nice when you like messes out of sight like I do.
 Bamboo blinds form Lowe's . The amazing Delta faucet , I would highly recommend Delta .
The beautiful and quiet range hood from Tasco.


One of the best things I designed into the kitchen was a double cabinet for a garbage pullout, the other side is dedicated to recycling.


 Art from Urban barn.
 Chalk wine glasses from Pier 1 Imports.

 The bread tin is from Winners.
 Dining light is from Home Depot, and the chairs are Elte.
Here is my advice about creating the perfect kitchen for you. Take your time, get what you love , listen to
advice but follow your true desires, it's a kitchen for you after all.
Just prior to moving on from this home I added the shiplap wall...



Just a little reminder of where this kitchen started.


WOW I forgot just how much work this took. So glad it's done.


Follow my project and boards on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/chriskauf/

Here are a few posts regarding our kitchen renovations and updates
http://chriskauffman.blogspot.ca/2012/05/our-bedford-grey-kitchen.html







No comments: