Thursday, September 6, 2012

mmmm cupcakes

I have seen a few pins about making cupcakes with pumpkin puree instead of adding oil and eggs. I had to try. Now we love carrot cake home made and Betty Crocker ( this is my own opinion I was not asked to post anything promoting any of these products) and I love pumpkin , so I had to try . I'm glad I did, actually while I am dieting I wish I hadn't , I have no self control. Good thing they are lower in calories and fat than the regular version. 

 All you do is take a box cake , carrot , vanilla or chocolate , what  ever you like and add 15 oz of pumpkin puree , mix well and bake for 20 minutes at 350. I can only tell you they are moist and delicious.

Eat alone for a 120 calorie treat of heavenly goodness or spread on a little cream cheese frosting or perhaps to be safe just a little confectioners sugar , I will never make carrot cupcakes any other way , that is how good they are.
Seriously try it !

8 comments:

Angela said...

Did you use your 2oz scoop to scoop your muffins into the paper? I found a Hendrix here but have not gone to pick mine up yet.

Lady Em said...

I don't know how much you love chocolate but the pumpkin with chocolate cake mix is spectacular. it doesn't taste like pumpkin, only like rich, moist chocolate!!!

Lady Em said...

Have you tried chocolate cake mix? It is wonderful with the pumpkin. It doesn't taste like pumpkin for those who might not love it...it just tastes like yummy chocolate!

marlenefit said...

These look really good. Does it have to be purée or will canned pumpkin work? On a different note, what brand nail gun and compressor do you like to use?

Just Beachy said...

yes, canned pumpkin

Jessica Martin said...

I like chocolate very much since my childhood and I have never tasted any other .
Landscape designs

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

This seems like a easy recipe to start out the Fall season. They look delish. I'm gonna have to try these.

How2home said...

I had pumpkin muffin in mind to make and this is perfect! Great stuff chris!