Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Built ins complete

 After three whole days working on the built ins they are complete. I remember why these cost so much to do...there is a lot of work involved. But it is done and now I am happy . I can not wait to get this carpet out of here and continue the dark wood.
 I tried the mosaic tile for the surround and it fit into the existing space perfectly , only a small handful of cuts. I started by installing the corner tiles , its a herringbone pattern for the corners only , my favourite.
 I started off with these sheets of tiles and had to cut them up into strips and remove them from the backing mesh.

If its wrong to covet your own work I don't want to be right. Now I will rest and get ready for the next project I need to complete. I am going to concentrate on some partially finished projects before I start anything new.

15 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh! I am LOVING the tile you used! Our fireplace is definitely on the list of needing a DIY makeover! I need to pin this idea!

Brandy~GreyLaneHome said...

The built in came out great. I really like all the trim detail. The tile is a show stealer.

Jessica said...

So pretty!!! I love it!

Michelle said...

Your fireplace and bookcases are beautiful!!!

Rachel said...

The tile looks amazing! And I love the built ins!!!

a beach house in Montana said...

You can be proud to covet your work is beautiful I just live the marble I have always been a fan, I'm gonna try this idea for book shelfs myself wish me luck!!!!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is so stunning!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

As always, I LOVE your work! Looks beautiful and functional!

How2home said...

Looks really good with the tiles around the fire place :) Great job Chris!

marlenetrainer said...

This looks so great! I wish I could make my fireplace look like this. You're such an inspiration.

marlenetrainer said...

This looks so great! I wish I could make my fireplace look like this. You're such an inspiration.

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

GREAT POST:)
I really like your blog and I want to follow, do you have twitter or facebook??

If you want some Swedish d├ęcor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)

Have a great week

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)

Brant Cookies said...

Oh my husband is cursing you right now! LOL I have the exact same fireplace and have always wanted built ins. Now I see what they would look like, they're gorgeous. I better be nice to him. Great work!

Casa Mia said...

Love love love. Very inspirational. Just my style

takeshi007 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

you might also like