Monday, May 7, 2012

weekend update

 What a beautiful weekend we had here in Ontario , the mild weather was a welcome change. We were able to cut down the butcher block and add it to the island. It is so nice to see how the design in my mind finally turned out. The cut off's from the counter will be used in my husbands office for display, I think they will work out very nicely. Please excuse all the mess , this is real life , not a photo shoot.
 Looks like I need to grow my cook book collection.
 We decided to keep the island natural as it goes so well with the bamboo blinds.

I think the size turned out well , it is a good size but with ample room to get around it.
 I plan to work on the tiling again this week , I just need to get that done already, but it is a big job. Smaller jobs seem more appealing. Like the wainscoting the stairs .
 I was able to complete the first coat of paint on the stair spindles and that inspired me to map out the wainscoting for the stairs , which then lead to me adding the bulk of the trim, next I will add the decorative trim with in the boxes. These kind of trim jobs get quicker and easy to accomplish after so many years of practising.
I think I have found the right spot for these lanterns from the old house .

Well that's about it , plugging away little by little. We are all happy here of course, but I must say I really miss my old backyard , is that wrong to admit ? it would have been the perfect weekend to sit on the deck crack open the bunkie have a little fire and a BBQ. If I could I would transport the deck and pergola and bunkie and the gardens all here to the new house , I find it interesting that I only miss our backyard, I'm so proud of how the backyard turned out.

We are all happy here and looking forward to our first Mother's Day here next weekend, let's hope for another warm weekend.

Take care , thanks for stopping by , see you soon.
Chris

No comments: