Wednesday, April 25, 2012

smiles from the Kauffman's kitchen

 
I am over the moon today , in fact when these appliances of ours were all installed I couldn't stop smiling. 
I never in a million years thought we could have these kind of appliances , the kind I have drooled over and dreamt of . I am a very lucky girl. 
The installers were really amazing , there are always little bumps in the road . Like the rangehood , I am certainly glad I didn't attempt to install it at all. It was/is heavy and complicated , and now I know it is installed properly. It is so quiet .

 6 beautiful burners, and guess what the installation man showed me that if the burners blow out , say there is a gust of wind from the window and the flame blows out then the burner will automatically re-ignite, awesome. I'm loving that safety feature , especially since gas makes me nervous. I'm sure I'll get used to it and from what I hear I will love it .
 I made some progress on the stairs , painting those risers , that's a lot a fun times. Spindles need some attention too , any takers ????
 In other happy news we are drooling over our beautiful dishwasher , I am so happy I found this model and we got it on sale for an amazing price. Loving the matching handle to the stove. It is a Kitchenaid.
Getting the range and range hood out of the dining room left me enough room to create a functional dining room. I finally had some room to hang the large round mirror we bought each other for Christmas , pretty perfect . I want to install the chandelier but I would regret that during the flooring installations , right .
Future plans for this room are many , including a new round table and chairs , pine floors in a pattern , hanging the chandelier , paint , mouldings and a wooden beam. I am so thrilled to see this room as a room and not a store room . what a great day .

12 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

You are right, your appliances are unreal. Wow, I am green with envy. I know you will enjoy them. So happy for you, what a real treat. Hugs, Mart

Rachel said...

beautiful!!!

Benn's Wife said...

It is looking so nice, I know you are just thrilled!

frances said...

Chris does that stove have 2 ovens ..can't tell from the pic...You are so lucky 6 burners and gas wow.. Cheers Frances

Lindsay said...

So jealous. It has come together so beautifully!

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

Very nice!!!

When do the granite counter tops arrive?

S
xo

Samantha2818 said...

Your new home is starting to look amazing. Your drive and energy is very inspiring!

Just Beachy said...

Marble is what we chose , I don't have a hard date for the counter install , bu I hope it's real soon .

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

You are amazing!!! I only wish I had 1/4 of the energy/spunk/vision that you have :)
I am constantly adoring your new home....

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your kitchen and stairs are really coming along nicely, Chris. You are a bit like the battery bunny, you just keep on tickin'. The appliances look wonderful.

Restoration House said...

It looks gorgeous Chris, have been so enjoying it all come together!

Wendy said...

Looking great! I love following along on all your progress. You are amazing! I'm always so impressed at all the things you know how to do!