Tuesday, April 24, 2012

more blogger kitchens to follow

I am not the only one busy building a new kitchen , I am also eagerly following along with these other design  bloggers ,http://ppebble.blogspot.ca/2012/04/kitchen-considered-chapter-3-going-grey.html Kelley at Polished Pebble is also going grey with her cabinets, it going to be a stunning kitchen , http://www.russetstreetreno.com/2012/04/it-was-exhausting.html Sara at Russet Street Reno has created a classic white kitchen she should be very proud of, all while pregnant with her first baby , and Lindsay at Aubrey and Lindsay http://aubreyandlindsay.blogspot.ca/2012/04/kitchen-elements.html are also in the midst of making all the right decisions and embarking on a major kitchen renovation , it will be sure to be a classic and beautiful well planned space , she has decided on quartz counters or has she???


Planning a kitchen is a major job , there are more decision in the kitchen than I think in any other renovation. Floors , cabinet style , cabinet finish , the lighting , the tiles , the details , knobs , the appliances, the layout , the furniture , the counters, the sink , all important decisions and the desire to get it all just right.
 After grouting behind the stove area which was terribly messy I bent down to grab the vacuum cord and pulled something or a lot of things in my back. I'm in pain, so yesterday was much less productive than I had planned. But somehow after some pain medications and muscle relaxers I was able to get these shelves constructed. I laminated two shelf boards together to create a thicker shelf, then I edged the laminated shelf with a 1x2" primed board.I just need to sand then and prime and paint.
Here is the question , now do I paint the shelves white or grey ??? I can change the colour of the brackets. The wall behind will be subway tile. Help your opinions would be appreciated.
 Some doors are being installed but most remain untouched, it's been too cold to get outside and sand, miserable in fact. I hope it will warm up soon.
I did get the grouting behind the hood area completed and we just love it, the grey was the right way to go . The appliance installer had to push back our install to Wednesday , I totally understand that some jobs just take longer than planned , I know mine do. What is another day . I can't wait to see how our stove will look in the kitchen and not in the dining room. I may just get our dining room put together in the near future.

I am feeling my meds working for my back so I will be able to get some things done , I need to see at least a little progress everyday
Bye for now , see you soon.

20 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

That Polished Pebble kitchen is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

I'd go with grey for the floating shelves. I just think white dishware would look great on those shelves against the subway tile backdrop.

Hope your back feels better soon!

Wendi said...

All the cabinetry is going to be grey, right? So I say continue with the grey to tie in with the cabinetry. You're doing an amazing job, Chris. So impressed but you better start taking it easy! Don't want you getting burnt out!

Ellen said...

I think the shelves should be grey. I love the way the grey looks against the white tile. If you are going to keep the ironstone on the shelves, I think the grey will make the white of the ironstone pop. I love your decorating choices, it's so fun to see your progress day to day. Hope your back gets feeling better fast!

Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JeanneW said...

I'm a fan of cohesion so I'm also going to put a vote in for gray. I think the gray shelving will also tie in nicely with the gray grout. Love your work and progress. Hope your back feels better soon!

Rachel said...

I agree. I think the grey shelves with the white tile will look good. Don't overdo it. Make sure to take care of your back. It all looks amazing!

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

I am just starting my kitchen, too! Thanks for the links. I love what you're doing.

Mariaelena said...

We redid our kitchen in November...please come and look at it on my blog...we LOVE it...good luck with yours...Ours is white now, but I do love grey too...let me know what you think..have a happy day, Mariaelena

{hooked on hickory} said...

another blogger on a kitchen mission! our cabs are gray! stick with gray floating shelves! you are doing great but make sure to take care of your back!
ashley over @
(hookedonhickory.blogspot.com)

Decor Addict said...

I would go grey for the shelves- especially with all of your other choices for tile etc. It is coming together so beautifully :) Take care of your back and get some rest. You deserve a bit of a break I would say!

Angela said...

Chris, everyday I look forward to the next job completed but honestly you have to take more time relaxing. I get get the kitchen done but I am someone with back issues and they can put you down for a long time. That being said I would keep the shelve grey. Your doing an amazing job!

Imageremix said...

That's too bad about your back. Nothing should get in the way of a remodel! I'm thinking grey. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will look beautiful. It looks great so far!

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the shout out. :) Sorry about your back, that is the worst pain. You need a spa after this is all done!

Marken said...

Hello! It is excellent information & blog......

kitchens toowoomba

riki jorden said...

Thanks for sharing information on Just beachy, i have visited your blog great post.............

kitchen renovations toowoomba












kev kevin said...

I think you have painted grey.Thanks for sharing such a nice article here.Kitchen renovation

Lee John said...

Thanks to share the designs of kitchens and these are really nice to see. I will share it with my builder and then will try to adopt one. You also can visit my builder at: http://www.buildingandbeyond.co.nz/kitchen-renovation

Lee John said...

These all blogs of kitchens are worthy to follow! I haven't seen such kitchens before.
kitchen renovation

LinkWithin

you might also like