Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wrapped up

 I wrapped up my lantern making project , I love how they turned out. I used some really heavy chain I had outside , it has the perfect weathered rustic finish . The tool I showed you the other day is so easy to use , even my 10 year old can easily open and close a link of chain with one hand , do you know how hard that can be?



I hung up the lantern and gave it a try , I think it looks great. I think it will really be nice in the upstairs hallway , its casts such nice light and shadows because of the grid pattern.

I am still deciding on the counters for the kitchen , definitely going with quartz for the ease of use . Either Bianco Rivers above or Lyra below ? what are your thoughts? I love some helpful feedback.
We are settled on the simple square edge.


I think we have settled on this style of sink , under mount , stainless steel square edged, we were thinking of farm house apron front but I think its getting a little over done and I don't want to do anything too trendy or dating even though I still love them. I think this will be a great choice, I can fit anything I have all the way into it and the counter install and faucet install will be a little more straight forward. As well is is much less than the apron front .
 Can you tell I've been thinking!!! ha ha
We are down to 35.5 days to go , not long now ....

4 comments:

Jenna @ Sequined Sunsets said...

It's been awhile since I've visited your blog but always provides such great DIY projects and design inspiration. Like you, my family is moving on from our house but yet to find a replacement. Until then, I'll stop back to gain inspiration for what is to come!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Nice lantern! I think I like the second counter better, the veining is lovely.

Brant Cookies said...

I prefer the first counter, the second one reminds me of the 70's, the plastic counter with the gold specks in it. But that's just me! LOL

Summer said...

It has been so long since I have looked at any blogs and I stumbled upon your last post...which then turned into an hour of reading a bunch of other posts. Your style is so great..I love all of your choices. I think I like the 1st counter choice but really they are both great:) Can't wait to see more posts!

LinkWithin

you might also like