Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Guest house update

This has been such a nice hot summer , we have never spent so much time on our little backyard deck , last year we had a big beautiful table but went with a more loungey set up this year which I have loved so much more , so relaxing .
Well here it is , our little guest house as it looks today , nearing completion , well there is still a lot to do , the deck for the front of the house , but that will wait for now , I know I hate those support blocks but they are a must, we will hide them under a little porch eventually.
Here is a close look at the inside , look at those nails , it's a house of horrors in there , in desperate need of bead board panels to cover this mess , I found out the hard way how bad falling into these nails feels .
I am getting to impatient right now , I want the interior finished so I can rent a sprayer and paint this baby all our white , and then I am toying with a little color on the ceiling or flooring .

Tiny but cute , this is going to be a fun addition to our house.

Are you as in love with this ceiling as I am , it is going to come to life once it is all painted and lightened up.

I just needed to paint out some of the inside to see the effect of white , I love white , and how much it brightens everything up.

Boy is this yard ever in need of some landscaping in front of the guest house , I am planning a nice country style path from the deck to the guest house and eventually some nice healthy grass but there is no point in thinking grass at this point ... thanks for stopping by , I will try to keep things posted as they progress.

12 comments:

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

It looks wonderful Chris, and you've come a loooong way with it. I'm guessing the insulation will stick into the nails and will be covered by the beadboard so no problem there. You're going to really enjoy it once it is painted inside!

michelle said...

It is coming along beautifully!!! Sorry about the nails, ouch! It is going to be a great spot, I can't wait to see!!!
xo

Nicole-Lynn said...

It's coming along well! Looks great!

oldblackcatboo said...

I just can't believe you.
I'm tempted to have you kidnapped and locked in my backyard until you make it beautiful!
I'm so envious!
I think you are crazy talented!
:D - Cindi
(just kidding about that kidnapping thing)

TinaTx said...

I have been enjoying your progress on your little guest house! It is going to be so cute!
I'm hoping we can (eventually)get a storage building in our back yard - we need the storage, but I hope to make it something cute on the outside!

Pine Tree Home said...

Coming along very nice. I can related to how anxious you are as I've been there when we were building our pool house. Keep at it. Ours is now going to become my office and I can't wait to morph the space.

Jileen said...

Wow Chris, I am just in awe of you. You have done such a fantastic job, I still can not believe you have designed and built your own mini house. I am sending you a plane ticket to Scotland, I can use a bit of Just beachy magic on my home. You have truly inspired me. Well done!

me said...

super cute! I just recently found a blog and thought of your daughters love of polish and nails ... www.thelooksforless.com, they have a tab for manicure mondays will all kinds of ideas. Just thought I'd share.
Julie

Melissah said...

I just discovered your lovely blog so I look forward to popping by on a regular basis for some inspiration. I've just put the finished touches on my new blog ‘Coastal Style’ and have added you to my blogroll. I had a lot of fun putting it together so maybe you would like to check it out if you have a spare minute.
http://coastal-style.blogspot.com/
It will have lots of inspiration on beach houses, resortwear, summer food, travel and anything ‘beachy’.
x
Melissah

Vintage Home said...

...wonderful job!

Cote de Texas said...

so cute! well, i guess it's come to this, you've built a house!!! why am i not suprised. jealous?! hell yes.

why not try gravel instead of grass. just a real thin layer of gravel. then you can walk on it, it's not muddy ever, you can really use your yard. and it's sooo french looking. :) plus, the dog's business is so easy to scoop up when there's no grass. think about it. i took all the grass out of my small backyard put down gravel instead and i love it!!!!!!!!!!

Cassy said...

So cute and beautiful guest house of yours.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons