Monday, June 6, 2011

Bunkie building begins

pool traditional poolHow inspiring are these images , this is a real dream backyard we love...



pool traditional pool You don't need a big space to have a beautiful space. This space clearly has a bigger budget than we do , but isn't it beautiful?



I had this Saturday off from work and the weather was gorgeous , so I talked my husband into getting started on the framing part of our bunkie /shed , this will mostly function as a shed but in the few hot months this will be a fun place for guests to sleep and most fun for sleepovers for the kids.

I know it seems big , but it is only 96 sq feet , there is no real benefit for us to keep our smallish yard empty , we want to create a get away right in our own backyard , some where to relax , entertain , BBQ and spend our weekend in the summer . We are trying to create a low maintenance backyard for our family.
My husband was such a trooper all weekend getting this work done , thanks so much Todd , we are celebrating our 14th anniversary tomorrow , I even bought a new dress to celebrate , we don't normally make a big deal over these things , actually most often we both forget our anniversary as we are thinking more about the two girls birthdays coming up in a couple of weeks.



It was so summery this weekend and we spend most of our time outside enjoying it thoroughly , even the hammock came out.








Isn't he cute ...well both dogs got the doggie stomach flu which was brutal , have you ever given a dog Pepto well you know how yucky it tastes , dogs don't like it much either , but it helps a little.








By evening we had sunburns and some walls , next we will clad some more walls , some weather wrap , cedar shakes , windows to order , roof joists , roof , pine cottage flooring , paneling for the walls and ceiling , just a little bit of work , right ...! I think we are officially weekend warriors now.



10 comments:

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

Awww...how sweet of the two of you to work on this project around your Anniversary! I can't wait to see the finished product! Yesterday was my 12th Anniversary. Happy Anniversary to you!! :)
~Crystal

michelle said...

It is looking amazing so far! How exciting! Happy Anniversary to you too, enjoy your special day!!

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

What fun! What a neat Anniversary gift to each other :) And YES, you are most definitely Weekend Warriors now!!
The best to you both on your Anniversary!
~Lolo

Ms. Bake-it said...

Happy 14th Anniversary!

I cannot wait to see your completed bunkie! I have been toying with the idea of putting one in my back yard.

~ Tracy

B, J, and E said...

Such a fun project, I can't wait to see the finished product. Happy Anniversary as well!

Jenna

www.sequinedsunsets.blogspot.com

Dharma said...

Cannot wait to see the result....unfortunately my husband does not concur...he knows you're giving me ideas and he is walking away from the computer right now muttering and shaking his head...LOL!

Great idea for your Anniversary!

Living Lakeside said...

I love the way you set up your hammock! We have one of those huge/ugly metal hammock stands, which destroys the grass and is difficult to move when mowing... so much so that I had decided not to put the hammock up this year because of it but you just have me a great idea with the posts!

Your backyard looks amazing!
K

Jenny B. said...

I really hope you do at least a simple tutorial - it's inspiring! I'm wondering why no one in your neighborhood seems to have trees in their backyards - that would give some nice privacy and shade (and if decidious,a allow sun in the winter). Just a thought.

Val said...

Love this post!!! Looks wonderful!

Julie {CalleLillyCafe} said...

Happy belated 14! It was a happy 14 for us too on June 5th! Love the project & the backyard! I wish we had time to redo ours! =)

LinkWithin

you might also like