Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend activities

I finally made my way to Christie's Antique fair on Sunday, my Mom came along with me to check out what they had to offer . I knew my husband would want this item , groovy .

If I had had a UHAUL truck I could have really had fun , I loved this horse head , but a little pricey at $850.00



How much do you want this chair ? , me too ...all the good stuff is pricey $225.00





My Mom and I met up with Jennifer from Rambling Renovators and Sarah from Cozy.cottage.cute
it was so nice to see Jennifer and Handyman and to meet Sarah too if only for a quick chat, gonna bring the family next time.


Here is my only find, and just what I was looking for , two pretty simple windows for my bunkie , $40 for the two , you can not beat that , they will be perfect .




On Saturday we headed out to a lovely park by Lake Ontario to walk with my family for Muscular Dystrophy, I was so proud my daughters both came along for the walk, our team Team Brad ( my brother) raised more than $800 and the walk raised over $23,000... what a great cause , my little brother was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy when he was 10 , he is doing great , he is very determined to keep walking which is a challenge obviously but he is beating the odds and knows his limitations , never take for granted the ability to be mobile .
After we had a nice BBQ and it was also my older brothers Birthday , I made Rodney's pulled pork , ok that was so yummy and easy give it a try , I served mine with calibres buns , sliced pickled and shredded cabbage , and extra BBQ sauce of course , it was so easy and tender .

I've been filling in the corner where the playhouse used to be to keep the dogs out of the muck really ,finding great grasses and I think all I need now is a serviceberry shrub or two and this spot will be complete , sadly the dogs are more fascinated than ever.


We have had a remarkable amount of rain lately and everything is lush and green , but we are due for some warmer dry weather and looks like it is going to start today , yeah!





I am going to enjoy as much time in the backyard as is possible ... next weekend the bunkie will have walls I hear , I am so looking forward to seeing that project move forward .


Have a great week , talk soon.

2 comments:

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

I agree about the weather. I'm not a big fan of heat, but I'm so happy to have sunshine and hot weather today and tomorrow! The garden is looking lovely. I'm having trouble keeping our dog out of the garden too.

Hopeless Chest said...

I took almost the same picture of that carnival ride car! hhahahah

It's neat to see the other items that caught people's eye at the Christie Show.