Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bunkie , bricks and bahemoth



Well I hope everyone had a nice long weekend , we had some good weather some rainy weather , everything is filling in nicely in the garden , I still need to add some more to my window box but I was busy doing things other than gardening ...like building the bunkie base , yes I was able to convince my husband that Sunday was the day to get things started .

So here it is the start of our exciting new project here at home , a glorified shed if you will , it will be the perfect addition to the house , for now its a dance floor , next framing the walls and roof , finding reclaimed windows and doors , cottage pine floors , some kind of siding , the list will go on , it will hopefully evolve of the coming months.

I love these forget me nots , they came over from the neighbors behinds , I love free plants , we seemed to have gained a nice fern this year too .

I picked up a couple of galvanized deck candle holders on clearance.

Can you picture a great looking shed here , we can not wait to see it all finished , it is a little hard to imagine right now , so excited I have wanted this since we moved here , our backyard will someday be our own personal getaway.

One of the other projects we will be tackling over the summer is bricking the front steps , I have always love red brick steps and we have settled on this brick veneer , we have some work to do getting all the paint off the steps , but it will look great when its done and it is what we have always wanted.

Here is a great example of a red brick entry , don't you love it ....? I do.

We took a chance yesterday when they were calling for rain and went to Canada's Wonderland, but with the weather forecasts you really never know how a day will turn out , it turned out fine , a little rain kept a lot of people away and we enjoyed quick line ups and lots of roller coasters , I even braved the biggest roller coaster there , thought I was going to die for a moment of two , but I did it , we all did it , and I hate heights by the way ...there was a lot of screaming that helped me get through.


They had to do their spinning and turning rides by themselves , I can spin and spin ...I must be getting old.



So in case you have been waiting the winner of the Easy Decorating magazine is Andrea of www.noemptychairsblog.com , thank you for all the wonderful supportive comments.


5 comments:

laxsupermom said...

I love that you're looking to use reclaimed windows in your bunkie - I can't wait to see it go up! It'll be such a fun project to follow along.

Looks like it was a fun weekend! We haven't been to Canada's Wonderland since they started insisting on enhanced licences to cross the border. I really need to get mine updated. We'll be camping at Darien Lake this weekend, and the threat of rain would be great to keep the crowds down. Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

I'm so excited!! I can't believe I won. What do I need to do now? My e-mail address is ajlarsen6@yahoo.com. You are amazing and I can't wait to see everything of yours in the magazine. You are such an inspiration to me.
Thanks,
Andrea

Bonnie said...

I would love to know where you found the galvanized candle holders. My outdoor lights are galvanized and these would look great on my front porch.

Fishtail Cottage said...

love those bricks!! i host a garden party on thursday's - just posted the link party for Cottage Thursday's #21 hope to see you come by & share something or just come peek around - always love meeting new gardening friends! xoxo, tracie

essle said...

How lovely weekend.
Business Logo Design