Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Gorgeous laminate and fitness updates

As I mentioned in my last post I needed to go source some flooring options , I would love engineered real wood but the way basements can be fickle and can even flood I hesitate installing anything costly like engineered wood and about 1000 feet to cover in the entire basement this could get pricey . I did however find a very wonderful solution , the most real looking laminate I have ever seen , and it is so very well priced too ...we just need 45 boxes...no big deal right , still quite a bit of dough.


It is my perfect floor , it looks and feels so good and it is 12mm which is fabulous too , and it is click installation, easy.




I am crazy about it , it is perfect and will make the basement look so finished , eventually .



I thought I should give you a little weight loss update , I didn't want you to think I had given up again, actually I have conquered it, I got this. I have lost just over 30 pounds and I am feeling so much better , wearing things I have loved and saved , and that I am so glad I did not donate. I have about 6 pounds to go to reach my goal , but I will still keep going to see where my body will take me , my goal was based on my BMI so if I keep going as long as I keep with in that I will be happy and healthy and if I need to buy some news things than so be it.

I can't believe I have the nerve to show you the photo of me uncomfortably plump from last year but I've come along way baby, I know I never showed pics of me on my blog and the reason is I was embarassed of how I had changed.

I credit the Wii with my wake-up call , when the Wii calls you obese its not trying to hurt your feelings believe it or not...sure feels like it is though.

And after 15 weeks of calculating everything I eat and really paying attention to what I am eating and not eating and working out pretty much everyday doing as much cardio as my day will allow I have been able to drastically change my fitness level and my jean size , for instance when I first started to workout again my highest heart rate was hovering around 200 bpm not good at all , yesterday and my most strenuous workout it was 158 bpm.

Yesterday I decided after doing an hour of cardio on the arc , which is similar to to an elliptical machine I thought I would try to run on the treadmill for just 5 minutes, I am one of those people who has never been able to run for more than a sprint , it hurts my hips, my shins and I would always get a cramp ...painful , but I figured I have improved my fitness level greatly , and yesterday I ran 4 mph for 10 minutes I could not believe I could do it , it felt to exciting to be able to now do something that I couldn't do before, happiness.

Before here I am not healthy , not happy with myself or how my health was headed and going in very much a wrong direction , I have a couple of years to the big 40 and I want to really look as good as I can and age gracefully , I am after all completely in charge of that , no more excuses , no one else is going to take care of me but me.


Have a happy hump day all.

32 comments:

rachel @ gilly grey said...

Can't wait to see the final results of your workspace makeover. And kudos to you on the weight loss. It's such a committment and you've done such a fabulous job sticking with it. You look great!

Rachel
xoxo

calicathy said...

Wow, good for you! You look fantastic, I don't blame you for showing off the "new" you. It's so much easier to give a room a makeover than to give ourselves one, and you did it!

TheVirginiaHouse said...

You look great! Bravo to you for sharing.
Where did you find the laminate flooring? We need to redo our kitchen and the rest of the house but I've been looking for a "real" looking laminate.

Sherrie said...

Love how the workspace is coming along! But girl those 30 lbs, you look like a different person! Congratulations!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

GO YOU GIRL!!! You look amazing & even more important I'm sure you feel it. LOVIN' your floors too.

JenLo said...

You really look so awesome, I thought it was your daughter in the mirror at first with the dark hair and slim figure! I am also on the road to fitness and can highly recommend a running program for brand-new runners (Couch to 5K). It only takes 9 weeks to get you running a 3.1 mile race, and at 4 minutes, you are already a week or two down the road on the plan..you should check it out!

Living Lakeside said...

Well I think you looked fab in both pictures to be perfectly honest! I love your blog, congrats on all your accomplishments this year, you are truly an inspiring lady!

-Katrina

Ms.Cupcake said...

You look so healthy! Awesome :) You are so committed to your exercise...I would love to know where you picked yup your laminate...we are looking....
Have a wonderful day and I am so happy for your happiness :)

Katie said...

You look great, healthy, and confident. I envy you. I don't show pictures of me on my blog either due to the weight. The problem is I do exercise everyday and watch what I eat, I even took out Gluten. I still gain weight. It is so frustrating. I have gone to Drs. and they say that there isn't anything wrong with me. Grrr. Oh well, One day maybe. I will show my face on my blog.

pamMN said...

I'm not a blogger but love design and have enjoyed reading your blog. Beautiful work on the basement.

As for the weight loss, Congrats!! You look fantastic!! You've also inspired me to get back on the Wii today. So thank you! I enjoyed the Wii but when I "fell off the wagon" it was hard to get back on again, particularly when I would step on and it would say "Ohhh" right before it would give me my weight.
Your success, however, reminded me of more importantly how often the Wii gave me that positive fist pump in the air saying great job.
Okay, I'm off to exercise.
Have a GREAT day!! :^)
~ Pam

laxsupermom said...

Congrats on the weight loss! The floors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them installed.

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on taking charge of your health and losing those 30 lbs. At first glance, I too thought it was your daughter. You look fab!

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Good job! You look beautiful in both photos. I feel the same way. I am 44 and it has been such a struggle to keep off unwanted fluff. I've always eaten healthy and stay active but when you reach this age the hormones change, everything changes. I was doing good while we belonged to the gym but when my hubby lost his job last year we had to freeze our gym membership. So now I've got extra fluff again. My hubby just got a new job and so we will be able to unfreeze by summer! I can hardly wait. I miss the treadmill.

Krista said...

Not sure how I found ya, but any woman who can sling a hammer like that impresses the crap out of me. Women who inspire other women...that's who you are!

Amy R. said...

AWESOME RESULTS! I know you have worked hard. Keep up the good work!
Amy

theagnosticswife said...

You look awesome! Congrats! I'm trying to get some weight off as well. Hopefully I can get as motivated as you did.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Congrats! You look awesome and I'm sure you feel better.I too could lose 30lbs I know I would feel so much better.I just don't seem to have enough time in my day for me.Keep up the good work~Cheers Kim

Shelley Bittick said...

Congrats on you fitness progress!

Can you let us know the wood floor brand and name of the product you choose, it looks great!

Ms.Carson said...

I thought you looked like your daughters too!

Sarah Parham said...

30LBS! That is so HUGE!!!!! You are awesome! Wow, Wow, Wow - Way to go girl! I think that is so much harder and so much more impressive than anything on your house - and you know how much I think of your work on your house!

Big hug to you,

Sarah

Restoration House said...

You look great Chris! So happy for you, so much hard work involved. I'm loving that laminate as well, could you tell me where you got it from? whitby? Ajax?
Kim:)

Stephanie said...

You look FABULOUS!!!!! I love that laminate...which we'll be putting in our basement reno (someday) ourselves. Keep up the great work!!!

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

wow! you look great! either way you are a very pretty person! but, i know how losing weight can change the way you feel physically and mentally. i am struggling to lose around 30 lbs myself, so thanks for the inspiration! i am on a 12 week program/contest in my city. i lost 6 lbs in the 1st 3 weeks, but the 4th week i fell off the wagon! i gained 2 lbs!!!! not good, i was feeling very discouraged and then i read ur post and felt like there was hope again! i'm gonna be 37 in june and i, like you, want to be fit and healthy BEFORE i start my next decade of life! thanks again!

e.m. said...

You look fantastic! Go You!!! Again, what an inspiration!

Kellie Collis said...

What a lovely space! I'm loving the floors! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Sherry said...

Chris,
Just wanted to let you know I have used this flooring in a three season porch here on the east coast. It is awesome!! It looks great and feels great underfoot. You will be very happy with your choice and it is easy to install :)
Keep up the great work on keeping healthy. I have been doing the same and it feels good to fit in my clothes again

SweDaisy said...

OMG! Chris you look fantastic. 30+ lbs that is amazing. I've been meaning to get around to weight loss after O, but keep putting it off. I would love to hear more about your eating plan (not diet) and your work out schedule. I have faith that you will loose those 6 lbs and be summer ready in no time.

Take care,
Lisa

andyfriend said...

Highest Waterfalls On Earth : Amazing Rose Flowers, Nature is Awesome, Lovable Nature, Fantastic Scenery

Beautiful Bank Notes : Wold’s Most Beautiful Currency Notes, Currency Of All Countries, World Paper Money

Most Painful Stunts : Japanese Weird Sport Fight With Neon Rods, Fire Accidents

CPU Inside Keyboard : Japanese Electronic Rickshaw, Next Generation computer, Transparent Desktops

One Year Old Girl Pregnant With Twins A year old Chinese girl who is to be operated soon was diagnosed with her twin in her womb.

When Kang Mengru abdomen was seen protruding day by day she was taken to hospital for ultrasound after which the doctors were amazed to find a baby in the womb the child’s twin brother... One Year Old Girl Pregnant With Twins

great Job This was a very great and enjoyable post to read.

Gorgeous GirlsAdriana Lima..The Good, The Bad, The ugly:

Screaming Meme said...

You look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you...I know how hard it is to stick to it...:)

Amanda said...

Congrats on all your great work getting into shape. You're looking great!

I also wanted to let you know about a new event I'm hosting at Small Home Big Start. Starting today, participants are joining me in trying to walk/run as much as we can in the next month for the 100 Miles in May Challenge. If you're interested in joining, come by for more info: http://smallhomebigstart.blogspot.com/2011/05/100-miles-in-may-challenge-begins.html

Jeanneoli said...

So happy for your weight loss accomplishment!!! You look amazing!

Cathy said...

I haven't been to your awesome blog in a while but I remember when you started working out trying to get healthy. I swear I thought that was Mason...I had to look twice. Congratulations on getting healthy and fit! Best, Cathy

LinkWithin

you might also like