Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A visit from Cobi

You must check out Cobistyle you will love it as much as I do.

Check out www.cobistyle.com for great style , design inspiration and information on Cobistyle products.
From last Friday till yesterday morning it has been a whirl wind of touch ups , cleaning and preparation to get ready for Cobi Ladner to visit and film a tour of my "beachy" house for the Steven and Chris Show , it was a complete thrill to have Cobi to my home , I have followed Cobi since I was probably 20 and living in our first little basement apartment when she was editor of Canadian House and Home magazine, oh the stacks and stacks of old issues of H&H I still have from when Cobi was editor I have missed her touch at H&H, I have learned much from Cobi and admire her personal decor style.

Cobi has some very exciting news , she has launched a line of home decor goods , from furniture to draperies , all beautiful of course and full of colour and feminine flair , a nice and welcome change, check out her website links above for more information .
I had a very nice day , it was great to meet Cobi , she is as sweet and friendly as she has always appeared on her many television appearances I have seen , truly a warm and lovely lady , what a treat for me.
She was so kind and complimentary of my home , how amazing to hear kind words about my work from one of my design heroes, Cobi even gave me a great suggestion for my kitchen counters.

I simplified the bedroom , removed the elliptical and big ugly TV( just for the filming) , I centered the bed and removed the decal over the bed to create more balance, it feels so pretty without the functional stuff.
I have decided I need to get a smallish white LED tv to replace my tube TV I normally have in there, it will look much better , so excited they make white LED's.

I love when my house is simplified and de-cluttered and freshly washed and laundered.
I'm not quite sure when the segment will air but I will let you know as soon as I know .


jenna ♥ a little blue said...

so cool for you congrats!! :) you have one of the prettiest homes and i love that you're able to share it w/all of us

ReFresh ReStyle said...

Your home is beautiful, love the drapes!

Dharma said...

Amazing, amazing! lovely styling and beautiful home...I'm so with you on being a Cobi-phile from waaaaay back ;)

Restoration House said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see it on S&C! Love Cobi too since I seen her little cottage in PEI.


Lucky, Lucky You! I always loved Cobi from the time she took the helm as editor at H & H.

Can't wait to see the segment; keep us posted!

Your house looks fabulous as always!


Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Congrats. I would love to meet Cobi - she's one of my favs too.

SweDaisy said...

Can't wait to see you on tv again. Wow I know tv star! Love what you did with the living room. Funny you should post about Cobi, I was just looking at her stuff online yesterday.

Take care,

P.S. hope the girls are doing well.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your home looks beautiful. Love that new faucet you installed! Looking forward to seeing the TV segment.

Marie Tere said...

I am so excited for you!!! I'm hoping I can see the online version of the tour here in the US. Can't wait.

I've re-reviewed your home pictures, such inspiration. Can you tell me what is your basic baseboard size. I went looking and am overwhelmed with the choices. THANKS!!!!

Sally Lee by the Sea said...

Congrats!! Your home is gorgeous - wow!! Hope you're having a beachy week :O)

City.Cottage Shop said...

looks so warm and lovely Chris as per usual. :)

the cinnamon post said...

So exciting!

Sherry said...

Your home is so beautiful! It looks so relaxing and homey!


Tanya said...

Your house looks just beautiful. Very serene and uncluttered.

Chinny and Poom said...

Hey lady. I just saw your blog on aol shelter pop. It's the table shot from this post. I'm sure you already know but just thought I'd drop you a line in case. Beautiful redo as usual.