Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sneak peek

I finally found just the right lamps for my front room , they are large and lovely , they have a slight crackle glaze and I love love the colour and the linen shade matched the ottoman slipcover perfectly . From Homesense .


What a big wall I have right , I know most say the double height room is OUT well tell that to my room , this is a very small room 13'x 12' and the high ceiling huge window and volume make this little room feel much more grand we love it , it is still intimate, it works for us .



But to this room some change is needed , a partial wall of paneling to add more character ...


I started by painting out the wall first ,I didn't do this in my bedroom when I did the board and baton lesson learned.


Here is a little sneak , the paneling is nearly done I just need to get one more strip cut , Home Depot couldn't cut it down anymore , and we can thank the middle east conflict for jacking up the price of MDF sheets , from $19.00 to $30.00 quite a jump right ...





16 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Lamps are are soooo cute cant wait to see the end results.

BEACH BUNGALOW said...

It's gonna look amazing!!!! Can't wait to see!

S
xo

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love you lamps and that wall - stunning! Have you visited the Milk and Honey Home blog? I think you can click Anisa in the sidebar - her great room wall is really brilliant as well!

Decorchick! said...

No way!! Awesome!! I can't wait to see it all finished! And are you serious about the 1/2 inch sheets being $30 now??? NOOOOO!

Pine Tree Home said...

loving the change. I like the accent wall very much. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love the turn out. Amzing how one piece can make such a differ in a room. THose lamps are just lovely and tie it all together THanks for sharing and a happy new follower, ill be back for more inspiration
Karryann

laxsupermom said...

Love the new lamps! So smart to paint the wall before putting up the boards. Can't wait to see the final reveal. Thanks for sharing.

Mimi said...

Gorgeous Lamps, I can't wait to see the walls. Mimi xx

Starwood Country Creations said...

I look forward to your Wall Reveal!

Jo

michelle said...

Ooh I love the lamps!!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out, your room is beautiful!

Melissa Hare said...

That lamp is a fabulous colour! Love it.

Melissa

Angela Steyn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous lamps! I just adore the colour - they are simply perfect.

Love Angela

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Love those lamps! They look fantastic. Can't wait to see the wall when you are finished!

simpledaisy said...

Wow...your room is gorgeous!!!!!

Shirlee said...

Love HomeSense although it can be hit and miss at times. Very nice lamps and such a pretty colour.
Looking forwards to seeing the wall done.

Bosco said...

nice love it very inspiring work!