Sunday, March 13, 2011

Polka dots

I have had a sewing machine sitting on my dining room table for well over a month , it was there with good intentions , See Sophie asked me to make her a dress , a simple dress , all the pieces were cut, then when it came to sewing it into an actual dress my confidence disappeared . Recently I decided to put the sewing machine away but I knew if I put it away I would never get to making the dress , that is when I decided to just do it and to not let my self doubt get the better of me ....
I did it , I really did it , I made my kid a dress , and it actually looks like a dress , I am so glad I just pushed myself to get it done , getting Sophie to let me take photos of her in the dress was actually harder .

I went with buttons to avoid putting in a zipper , I think it adds to it as well .
Do you let your confidence make decisions for you or hold you back ....?


10 comments:

Hella said...

love the dress!!!
Sophie looks awesome in it!!!

michelle said...

Oh my gosh that is SO cute!!! Wonderful job and love the little polka dots!! Unfortunately I do let my lack of confidence hinder some things that I would love to try, like sewing. I hope one day I can it out again and try some things that I have seen in blogland. :)

Tricia Rose said...

Your dress is beautiful! do another one!

Elaine said...

love it, you did a great job. now you can try something else!!! I know what you mean about confidence. When I did my first slipcover recently, I was a bit overwhelmed at first. Then I read a comment from a blogger reminding us about passion and the want to do something. Try that new thing and let it develop into a new skill

mybelleepoque said...

It is adorable...I love the buttons down the back. So cute!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

All the time! I'm glad you went ahead, it looks adorable. The buttons are definitely the finishing touch. Sewing clothes is frustrating for me, but you got a lot of practice with your pillows, slips etc. ;)

URBAN BLONDE said...

Ha ha ha Chris, it's gorgeous! I have to laugh because as an experienced sewer I'd much rather put in a zipper than do all those buttons!

Beautiful job!

Keep On S'myelin! said...

What a beautiful dress! It looks lovely on her :)

Maggie said...

Oh, that dress is gorgeous! As is your lovely model! :-) Love the buttons, definitely much better looking than a zip.

Connie said...

I love the dress. And your girl is so cute.